1978 Silverado, K30 Dually, 4x4, Crew Cab (3+3), Long bed.

Hi folks, my name is Glenn and although I know this to be a very vague question... Would truly appreciate any comments or thoughts as I'm at a loss.

I've been settling my late Father's estate and have been considering selling his truck as stated in title but haven't a clue as to a starting point in terms of price. I have googled the truck but haven't arrived at a value as most listed are tricked out -or- complete junk. Some honest pros and cons of the vehicle...

* My Father purchased the truck new in California, where it resided most it's days but has been in S. Illinois for 19yrs and now has very mild body rot in a 2 places.

* I drove the truck a yr ago (ran smooth and mechanically sound) but it's been parked since due to leaky saddle tanks... To put it mildly. Had a 400 small block new that's been replaced with a 350. TH400 tranmission.

* Interior is ok but needs headliner and seat covers.

* Paint is burned from the sun and requires respray. Body is straight.

* All trim, emblems and chrome in great shape, needs a replacement grill, missing the glass of passenger wing window. 

* Clean title, never wrecked, single owner.

Anyways, just looking for ideas on a fair listing price for not only myself but also perspective buyers. I understand photos would be helpful and will try to include some, just not at my Dad's home at the moment... Thanks for any help. 

15 hours ago, 99silveradoz71 said:

Would love to see photos. I'd suggest looking on bring a trailer, EBay Motors, or some other auction sites.

I hadn't considered looking at or using an auction site, thank you Bill  :)