2018 Silverado Infotainment Screen intermittently black

At times the screen comes on fine and everything works like new.  Other times (can’t find it related to anything) when truck is turned on the screen is blank.  All gauges and the display above the steering column are normal.

When screen is black, it still responds properly to touch (for instance if I touch it in the area where I recall it will change radio channels, it changes channels fine).  So everything seems normal except the random black screen.

I’ve removed the glove boxes and reseated the blue plug.  No change.  I’ve wiggled wiring in that area and the screen remains black.  

This morning (last time tested) the ambient temperature was in the mid 70s.  Started truck and screen worked perfectly (to include backup camera).  I moved the truck into the garage and turned it off.  Ten minutes later when I started the truck, screen was black.

I’ve seen threads in this forum about various conditions (screen randomly changes, screen works but backup camera fails, complete screen failure – does not respond to touch, etc), but none that seem to describe the screen displaying perfectly, then next time started gives black screen (but which still responds properly to touch).

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.  

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 9:10 AM, DWBill said:

At times the screen comes on fine and everything works like new.  Other times (can’t find it related to anything) when truck is turned on the screen is blank.  All gauges and the display above the steering column are normal.

When screen is black, it still responds properly to touch (for instance if I touch it in the area where I recall it will change radio channels, it changes channels fine).  So everything seems normal except the random black screen.

I’ve removed the glove boxes and reseated the blue plug.  No change.  I’ve wiggled wiring in that area and the screen remains black.  

This morning (last time tested) the ambient temperature was in the mid 70s.  Started truck and screen worked perfectly (to include backup camera).  I moved the truck into the garage and turned it off.  Ten minutes later when I started the truck, screen was black.

I’ve seen threads in this forum about various conditions (screen randomly changes, screen works but backup camera fails, complete screen failure – does not respond to touch, etc), but none that seem to describe the screen displaying perfectly, then next time started gives black screen (but which still responds properly to touch).

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.  

Mine has done that a few times, hasn’t done it since I had the dealership flash the memory, and updated the firmware.