9L7 UPFITTER SWITCH KIT '23+ Info, Also Rear Camera with a Bed Cap (or silde in camper).

Folks, I must say I am impressed with my first request and immediate reply, from the GM Upfitter Support Group !!  

My question was the existing 9L7  UI Bulletin #153e, dated 6-2-23, does this cover the '23+ Re-Freshed GM Trucks. Please read the reply I have copied.

In short, this confirms all the kit #'s in the 153e document, will NOT fit the latest GM truck re-fresh dash OR wire harnesses !!!!

Robert Casper of GM, who responded to me, in fact IS the person writing up the new document (#193 soon to be released).

I had my dealer order in a 9L7 kit # 84942074. that I did inspect the components. Now confirmed it will NOT fit my '24 Denali yet to arrive, I at least took measurements of the 5 switch Pod that mounts in the dash.  It is 2"h. x 4.5"w. O.D.. the dash cutout would be approx. 1.5"h. x 4"w. About a .25"  Flange or "bezel" around the assy.

From a quick look at a '24 GMC 1500 AT4X on my dealer's lot, I think this switch Pod could fit to the Right of the steering column, and the center console,  in front of the driver's knee.

One member (think it was Scott01) posted he got his '24, with the 9L7 installed in the dash, but the wire harness, fuse / relay block were in a box. Would love to see a pic of his dash and the 9L7 installed location.

Rear Cab Bed Camera Blocked view......I've seen many postings on this issue. Some trying to re-locate this camera. Moisture and wire harness would  be my best guess of issues to overcome.  i have ordered a Trailer Camera option from the factory, and it is hard wire plug in, near the bumper 7 way trailer recpt. I do have a 24 ft. enclosed race car trailer, turned into a jobsite shop. Reason for the camera kit option. BUT will also see how it works fastened to the roof rack on my Leer Cap, without the trailer attached......???  My dealer is very good at my special requests over the years, and I will see how much "programmability" can be done with a laptop, to change camera views, and camera selection.

I will have to send another post , as this pic maxed out the file size allowed. K.P.

GM 9L7 UP-FITTER SWITCH KIT '23+ UPDATE.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

UI-193-wip-1 Tech Bulletin for 9L7  UpFitter Switches has been released. See attached PDF.

Yet to be documented is for the AT4, AT4X, and Denali & Ultimate. (guess reason for suffix "wip-1", work in process).

For those wanting to add rear LED more powerful Back-Up lamps, I found adding a 7 Way to 4 Way  "T" Harness adapter between the spare tire and the bumper 7 way, gave a easy access, White single wire +12v. output, to drive a relay for these additional lamps.

To try to tap into the Tail Lamp connector itself to get this backup signal, was too tight and a PIA.

Also can tap into this "T" harness, for the Red +12v. 30 amp. trailer power, for these lamps. I hid my relay in the driver's tail lamp cavity. Harness available from Draw-Tite, Hopkins, e-Trailer.com, etc. About $81.

UI-Bulletin-193-wip-1.pdf