2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Cats issues

Hey all, First time posting on here but I've run into some issues with my dad's 2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 and wanted to see if I can get some help... So a few weeks ago it just started running like crap, Its idling rough and while driving will start jerking, Basically running too lean and too rich and causing misfires. But then there's days when it drives completely fine. So I put it on my ODB2 running torque pro and originally it just showed codes for both the O2 sensors (Bank 1, Sensor 1 and Bank 1 Sensor 2) I changed them out and no change! Since then Im getting a bunch of other codes now (P0101, P0135, P0300, P0324, P0171, P2097, P0174, P0030, P0053, P0133, P0137, PO132), Im leaning towards one of cats being clogged and if that's the case should i just cut them open and bore them out and have someone weld the openings back? And also is there 3 Cats on these trucks? I was kind of thinking because you can get a decent amount of cash for turning in the cats for the precious metals if it would be worth it going that route? If turning them in could possibly pay to have the exhaust work I want to have done that would be cool! I really just want to get this thing fixed and I would like to do Muffler delete and install a Y-Pipe duel exhaust with some decent sized tips on it, Most likely Keep the resonators... I honestly hate the way the single exhaust looks on these from factory and I don't have emissions here in Florida, I've seen a few videos and it's pretty simple and cheap to get these setups sounding great! But any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

Edited by Splack
Added

Did you use OEM oxyegen sensors?  GM vehicles don't like aftermarket O2 sensors installed in them.  Won't read right and will trip more codes.   

I don't see a P0420 or P0430 on your list of codes so don't jump to a plugged cat just yet.  You've got O2 sensor codes though.

P0030 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0135 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0133 - HO2S Slow Response Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0137 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

P0132 - HO2S Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 1

P0053 - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 1

Edited by newdude

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2023 at 3:11 PM, Splack said:

Hey all, First time posting on here but I've run into some issues with my dad's 2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 and wanted to see if I can get some help... So a few weeks ago it just started running like crap, Its idling rough and while driving will start jerking, Basically running too lean and too rich and causing misfires. But then there's days when it drives completely fine. So I put it on my ODB2 running torque pro and originally it just showed codes for both the O2 sensors (Bank 1, Sensor 1 and Bank 1 Sensor 2) I changed them out and no change! Since then Im getting a bunch of other codes now (P0101, P0135, P0300, P0324, P0171, P2097, P0174, P0030, P0053, P0133, P0137, PO132), Im leaning towards one of cats being clogged and if that's the case should i just cut them open and bore them out and have someone weld the openings back? And also is there 3 Cats on these trucks? I was kind of thinking because you can get a decent amount of cash for turning in the cats for the precious metals if it would be worth it going that route? If turning them in could possibly pay to have the exhaust work I want to have done that would be cool! I really just want to get this thing fixed and I would like to do Muffler delete and install a Y-Pipe duel exhaust with some decent sized tips on it, Most likely Keep the resonators... I honestly hate the way the single exhaust looks on these from factory and I don't have emissions here in Florida, I've seen a few videos and it's pretty simple and cheap to get these setups sounding great! But any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Candy Crush

The P0101 code indicates an issue with the MAF sensor. This sensor measures the amount of air entering the engine and plays a crucial role in fuel mixture regulation. Cleaning or replacing the MAF sensor could potentially resolve some of the issues you're experiencing.

Edited by lauryfriese