Wheel finish dulling?

Hey guys! I have a 2000 Sierra and I purchased some wheels from an Eagel Alloy dealer. I believe the part # is the 102. Anyways, the finish has gone from fairly shiny to an unrecoverable dull and almost white look. I have attempted aluminum polish to no avail. It looks like Weld and Pro Comp offer nearly identical wheels and I am guessing that they probably all come from the same forging company with the same issues. Anyone else have issues with any of these wheels and if so, how did you remedy it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I have had good results from a metal polish called 'Diamond Brite' from Better Built (for use on their tool-boxes). For me, this was a very easy to use product that gave much better than expected results. Good luck!

I had the same thing happen to my jimmy. I had western mags on it and they got dull from weather and road grime. I used mothers mag & aluminum polish,and they cleaned right up. Didn't take much rubbing either, but make sure you have plenty of clean rags before starting because it really cleans :thumbs: You can get it a t wally world or at a store like fleet farm.

Locally (NC), Lowe's carries the Better-Built toolboxes so they have the polish. Do a Google search for Better-Built and check their web site. One thing I'll mention is that this is a liquid polish...it's not the saturated wadding like Eagle 1 or Mother's. My experience with the Diamond Brite was excellent...easy to use and very good at restoring a dull finish.

Good luck!

I have Weld Stone Crusher Wheels on my truck. I had the same problem in about a years time. I tried everything. I even paid a local detail shop $200 to polish them. I know that sounds like alot but when you spend so much to buy them you will do anything to try and keep them looking like new. I repeatedly called and emailed Weld. Talked with the same guy each time. He kept telling me to try something else and nothing ever worked. He even told me if I had them shipped back to Weld that they will polish them and get them looking like new for $20 a wheel. I didnt really want to pay for the shipping for 4 wheels so I finally emailed the guy at Weld one last time at the begining of this summer and finally got in touch with a very high up individual. I explained my situation and everything that I have tried and purchased to polish the wheels and make them look like new again and she emailed me back and said to call the place that I purchased them at and explain to them that I talked with her and tell them that she said the wheels are to be replaced under waranty. I thought that was pretty cool. Up until that time Weld kept telling me that the finish on those wheels was not covered and there was nothing they could do. I would just try calling the wheel company and talk to them and see what they say. I for one can say it doesnt hurt to ask....Joe

for the best results with the mothers i hand rubbed the wheels. Using a polishing wheel didn't get it for me either. It seemed to smear the cream a round to much. It took a couple of times but every time it got more off until it started to shine. I didn't have to rub hard but i had to rub a lot. My forearms looked like popeyes when i was done :lol: but it was worth it.

I recently tried the BetterBuilt product a few months ago to shine up my aluminum tool box and rail guards. Just out of curiosity I tried it on my rims, I'll never use another product. I did it by hand, took about 45min. per rim, so I only did the front 2 because they get dirtier from the brake dust. Well I still haven't done the back yet, but you can tell which ones I polished and didn't. Dirt just doesn't stick to them like it does on the back ones. They all look good after I wash the truck, but after the first rain, the rear rims are faded and white looking, while the fronts are still sparkling. Chris

Archived