Flowmaster

It "can" be loud, but it isn't always that bad.  I have seen people who dumped the pipes over the axle, or have done like mine, and run the pipes out the back.  If you dump 'em over the axle, it uses the cab as an AMPLIFIER and it REAL loud, inside and out.  

My truck, with the pipes out the back, it is not loud in the cab at all, EXCEPT at hard acceleration (but I don't do that too often).  

But this is all dependent on what you think is loud!  At what volume do you listen to your radio?  :)

My $.02, hope it helps...

polxc5,

Welcome to the site.

I have a single in/dual out 40 series and agree with what kaspar139 said about the loudness of it.  I like it alot.  As far as losing low end torque, I've heard of people noticing it but I havn't been able to tell.

I have the single in/ dual out 40 series (Not Delta Flow) as well. My tailpipes dump down just behind the spare tire (see pic). I love the sound too!  Not too loud on long highway trips and gets some looks around town.

00gmc_exhaust.jpg

(Edited by gmcjoe at 11:16 am on July 9, 2001)

Quote: from polxc5 on 2:46 pm on July 5, 2001

Thanks for the info - you recommend the cat-back or just the 40 series muffler ?

I don't have any experience with the Flowmaster Cat-Back system, so I can't really say.  I've never even seen or heard on that I know of.  Sorry.

i have the series 50 and it can get a little noisy -- especially around town where you're accelerating so often.  it can get a little difficult to hold a conversation in the cab.  

That said, i'd do it again any day of the week.  i got a big kick in the shorts and when you're alone and conversation isn't important, it sounds really cool!

i went to a local shop and they bent everything right there for my truck -- even came with great tips -- all for ? had it done in an hour or two.  the specialty shop wanted ?+ for the cat back system from flowmaster.  save the ? and you can put it into a K&N or an appearance dress up!

Archived