Time for a New Muffler

Almost two years ago I had a Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flow SI/DO installed on my truck. It has an ok sound and almost no resonance, but it's just too quiet for me. I know the original 40 series sounds good outside, but the interior resonance is pretty loud. The super 40 is supposed to be somewhere in between AFAIK, but how does the sound compare to the original 40 series? Does it still sound good? I'm open for comparible suggestions to other muffler manufacturers, but I'm just looking to buy the muffler, not the catback system. This is on an '00 5.3 X-Cab with 15"L x 3.5"D magnaflow tips straight out the back of the truck. Thanks for the help.

Almost two years ago I had a Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flow SI/DO installed on my truck.  It has an ok sound and almost no resonance, but it's just too quiet for me.  I know the original 40 series sounds good outside, but the interior resonance is pretty loud.  The super 40 is supposed to be somewhere in between AFAIK, but how does the sound compare to the original 40 series?  Does it still sound good?  I'm open for comparible suggestions to other muffler manufacturers, but I'm just looking to buy the muffler, not the catback system.  This is on an '00 5.3 X-Cab with 15"L x 3.5"D magnaflow tips straight out the back of the truck.  Thanks for the help.

Go with a different muffler. For the love of god PLEASE! Try Magnaflow . :withstupid:

I've read that Magnaflow muffs have a similar design to a glasspack. Is that true? I don't want something that sounds like a glasspack. I really like the way the FM 40 series sounds. I know a lot of people here like magnaflow, but what's wrong with the flows? I'm not questioning your judgement, I'm just clueless :(

Magnaflow is a straight through design but it is a far cry from sounding like a glasspack.. I love mine.. It is quiet when your crusing and mean when you get on it.. My buddy just got a borla catback put on his truck and it sounds awesome as well.. I would stay away from chokemasters unless you are doing like a 1 chamber..

I've read that Magnaflow muffs have a similar design to a glasspack.  Is that true?  I don't want something that sounds like a glasspack.  I really like the way the FM 40 series sounds.  I know a lot of people here like magnaflow, but what's wrong with the flows?  I'm not questioning your judgement, I'm just clueless :(

Flows are junk. That about sums it up. Their flow characteristics are garbage. They tend to kill off low end. If you want noise, Flows are for you. I had them, didnt gain anything and my low end suffered. Off they came. I was gonna go Magnaflow but they were just to quiet.

Yeah, I've heard some of the Magnaflow sound clips, and they just don't sound loud at all. I like the sound the flows produce, and I know I lost some low end with it installed, but I didn't think it was enough to worry about. I want something that has a nice low rumble at idle, not loud at cruise speeds, and it has to sound mean at WOT, and has to have low resonance. I want heads to turn when I give her the gas. Corsa is out of the picture because I'm not looking to buy the whole setup.

Flows are junk.  That about sums it up.  Their flow characteristics are garbage.  They tend to kill off low end.  If you want noise, Flows are for you.  I had them, didnt gain anything and my low end suffered.  Off they came. 

couldnt have said it any better

flowmaster is overrated and just a sound no real true gains at all . basically a bunch of walls. magnaflow, borla, even dynomax are straight threw cores and flow 10 times better

Archived