Help with my Oldie.. 89 GMC 2wd

I know the fuel pump subject has been beat before but I did not find anything pertaining to my 89GMC pickup, it is the 2wd shortbox stepside and has the smaller v-8 I think a 305?? anyway my problem is...

I think its the fuel pump but it could also be the relay? or a fuse? can someone, everyone, Please tell me where I may find the relay? also the fuse? prime lead?

any other help in finding what it may be thats wrong with it before I pull the pump itself..

Thanks so kindly in advance for all the Great help I hope to get from here..

and to those who have a beer once in awhile.. Here is cyber beer for you :seeya:

I know the fuel pump subject has been beat before but I did not find anything pertaining to my 89GMC pickup, it is the 2wd shortbox stepside and has the smaller v-8 I think a 305?? anyway my problem is...

I think its the fuel pump but it could also be the relay? or a fuse? can someone, everyone, Please tell me where I may find the relay? also the fuse? prime lead?

any other help in finding what it may be thats wrong with it before I pull the pump itself..

Thanks so kindly in advance for all the Great help I hope to get from here..

and to those who have a beer once in awhile.. Here is cyber beer for you :crackup:

Anyone??

gotta start to work on this tomorrow.. thanks

If you don't have one, please get a Haynes or Chilton's manual for your truck. It will tell you exactly where to go and what color wire you're after, etc.

The electric fuel pump is fairly simple, but your truck is very likely different from mine and I could easily (without intending to) send you down the wrong road.

If you have trouble interpreting the book, we can help.

If you don't have one, please get a Haynes or Chilton's manual for your truck. It will tell you exactly where to go and what color wire you're after, etc.

The electric fuel pump is fairly simple, but your truck is very likely different from mine and I could easily (without intending to) send you down the wrong road.

If you have trouble interpreting the book, we can help.

thanks.. I got a chilton for the truck and its hardly worth the paper its printed on...

but anyway I will get'er figured out, not the book.. the truck.

thanks for the post though...

Archived