Keyless Entry Remote

I am so sick and fed up with the stupid design of the Keyless remote GM has for their vehicles. I've had problems on my 99 silverado with the STUPID FRIGGIN PANIC BUTTON being pressed while the keys are in my pocket, that button is so huge and easy to press it goes off all the time! I can't walk around with keys in my pocket!!! now get this! I have several neighbors who have newer model GM vehicles, and sometimes their panic alarm goes off in the middle of the day, they have no kids, I can only imagine its them having the keys in their pocket or that button being pressed way too easily by something! I know there are others on here who have had the same problem I have. I wonder if the panic button is so easy to get bumped, so would the lock and unlock buttons which means we could have our car outside the store somewhere and the button gets pressed in our pocket on accident and the vehicle is unintentionaly unlocked! WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THIS!? doesn't seem to be noticable on any other brand but GM!!! :D:fume::mad::wtf::nopity:

Ok I am done venting now.

The Chrysler remote is way worse. I can run the battery down on a Chrysler remote in two days of carrying it around in my pocket. The chrysler one was so bad, I finally just got rid of it and went back to using the key.

I have yet to set off the panic alarm on my Burb, but i have only had it for a week.

Never had one person come into our service department complaining of this. I've carried around quite a few remotes in my pockets and I've never experienced it.

Not saying it can't happen, but the chances of it seem pretty remote. :wtf:

Never had one person come into our service department complaining of this.  I've carried around quite a few remotes in my pockets and I've never experienced it.

Not saying it can't happen, but the chances of it seem pretty remote.  :D

Nice pun :fume: I have never done this either...or heard of anyone else doing it. It probably can happen of you have a ton of keys on the ring and/or a bunch of stuff in your pocket. Mabey their pants are too tight...later, :mad::nopity::wtf:

I've set mine off twice now. I rearranged my keys so I hope it won't happen as frequently now. Both times, I was crouched down and I guess one of the other keys pushed the button. I could disable it, but I don't think it's too bad of a problem yet.

The hardest part was trying to figure out how in the heck to shut it off! Tried Unlock - nope. Lock? - Nope. Panic again? Yep, that was it!! @#%&

I've set mine off twice now.  I rearranged my keys so I hope it won't happen as frequently now.  Both times, I was crouched down and I guess one of the other keys pushed the button.  I could disable it, but I don't think it's too bad of a problem yet.

The hardest part was trying to figure out how in the heck to shut it off!  Tried Unlock - nope.  Lock? - Nope.  Panic again?  Yep, that was it!!  @#%&

:wtf: That's pretty much the exact situation I went through the first time I accidently set mine off!

LOL--how funny...and ironic! I say that because I don't know how/why it keeps happening, but every once in a while (not as infrequent as I would like) the button(s) on my wife's remote keep getting pressed whenever she has her remote in her purse or jeans pocket. Really annoying 'cuz it seems to get pressed only whenever I'm in the vehicle w/ my Driver 1 settings, either in Park or just idling at a standstill... :wtf:

All The time here!

Just set mine off twice today, 30 seconds apart.

For me it always happens when unloading a crap load of stuff with the keys in my hand. Whats really great is when you set it off at two in the morning!

The button needs to be more recessed, then being level like the lock/unlock buttons.

Happens to me about weekly. Mine doesn't go off in my pocket but seems to happen when I go to grab the keys. The ring or another key presses that panic button. I've had it happen on my wife's Grand Prix GT as well but never on the Acura.

Archived