Anyone noticed when you

Last night i dropped my gf off.  I was rolling up the windows with the truck running.  Noticed the headlights got dim while i was rolling them up (power windows) then when i stopped they got bright again

Anyone notice this? First time i noticed this in a yr and 3 months that i have had my truck

I notice it a lot when i m driving the vette..  I can press the p/ window button and the lights will become so dim people actually think i m flashing them..  I have to take it to the dealer to have it checked out because the lights almost shut off..

Steve

mine's been doing it since it was new.  it'll even do it when the windows are up and you hit the window up button (either unintentional or checking that it's all the way up).  it's goofy, but after two full years, hasn't caused any problems.

I've noticed it too, and sometimes if you look at the volt gauge you'll see it move a little.  Same thing goes if you have the AC blasting and pull up to a red light, you can hear the fan slow down a little.

im not saying anything is wrong just noticed it (well my gf did)

Also i never run A/C even though its like in the 90's here with the heat index at 110.  I guess i am wierd but i hate the air conditioning in vehicles.  I either run with windows down or the vent (recirc) on (gets it pretty darn cold)

Quote: from LokiSLE on 1:35 pm on Aug. 6, 2001

Sometimes when I scratch my A**  my cd player starts to lag a bit, but i don't really notice anything about the headlights dimming. ;)

roflmao

What if you scratch other places? Do your lights dim then?

the 105 amp alternator is not rated at idle...considering how low the new trucks idle the alt is probably putting out something around 20-30 amps, maybe less.

My '99 did the same thing, I really don't think it's anything to worry about.  You can buy aftermarket alts that put out MUCH more current at the lower RPMs, not sure if they are compatible with the new trucks, though.

Jeff

Quote: from LokiSLE on 2:35 pm on Aug. 6, 2001

Sometimes when I scratch my A**  my cd player starts to lag a bit, but i don't really notice anything about the headlights dimming. ;)

Thanks for sharing.  I feel a lot closer to you now.

im not worried about anything guys

Just thought it was wierd after 18K miles i am just now noticing this.  I also just found out about a month ago you can shut off the vents with the roller thing.  I thought you had to angle them downwards but i guess not.  

Archived