Engine Light On

Hey everyone,

Well I was driving and the engine light came on my truck. I have noticed that I have some loss of power when I step on it. The rpm's where high but the truck wasn't really going any faster. I remember reading something about this awhile back.

Anyone have any feedback?

In the Manual it says a reduction of power will occur when certain fluids get low. Was the transmission hot or anything, cause this might cause a problem as well. I'm sure the dealer will fix but I doubt they'll cover it under warranty.

So I called Rolling Big Power and they told me my truck is in LIMP MODE since I am running the edge attitude monitor. I guess this feature prevents the tranny from messing up. They told me to turn on and off my truck a few times..After work Imma go home and try it!

So I went to auto zone like Cool Zr2 recommended. I get there, put the computer on and 3 codes were found.

1. P0299-Under Boost Super Charge

2. P0401-EGR Flow Insuff.

3. P0404-EGR Flow CKT Range/Performance

what they mean? I dont really know...I guess I'll call the dealer tomorrow and see what they say?

So I get in my truck and start it up and BAM..No more engine light...I was like WTF? I drove it for alil bit more and no more engine light...Dont really know if I should still take these codes seriously or not.....

From talking to one of the dealers over the phone the service mgr did advise me that GM was having problems with two codes..he mentioned something about EGR blah blah blah...told me they dont have a fix for them.

I was concerned it was my edge attitute monitor. When I called Rolling Big POwer they had me take the programmer off and put it back to stock....light was still on..so I'm thinking it has nothing to do with the Edge Attitude nor it can be set in "LIMP MODE" as I've heard.

I'll keep you guys posted and see what happens next.

Archived