Any suggestions...

I got my Sierra back from the dealer after an alignment. The steering wheel was cocked to the left pretty bad. So i took it back and now its actually cocked to the right just slightly now.

Yes im anal I want that d**n thing straight.

Is this something that is pretty easy to fix my self, if so how do I do it?

Should I take it back AGAIN?

Feel my pain. :D

Thanks

Rick

Yep, take it back. I CAN NOT STAND it when the steering wheel is not straight. I don't know what they do to fix it - maybe just park the truck straight, loosen up the steering wheel, straighten it, and re-tighten it?

Who knows, but make them fix it!

Yep, take it back.  I CAN NOT STAND it when the steering wheel is not straight.  I don't know what they do to fix it - maybe just park the truck straight, loosen up the steering wheel, straighten it, and re-tighten it?

Who knows, but make them fix it!

Nope they are not setting it straight and locking it into position before they start the alignment. They are going to have to readjust the front wheels with the steering wheel straight it they want to do it right. This is the mechanic that help out biggest's pet peeve. Then the customer is assured to a certain point that the alignment was done properly, before they even take it down the road. :rolleyes:

my steering wheel got tilted to the left slightly when the dealer had to remove to tighten up the steering wheel itself because itt felt loose so they fixed it under warranty but i never did get around to taking it back to makem fix like i should have well earlier this year i had to have a steering gear replaced and while they were at it they put the lube kit in for the steering shaft and guess what when i got it back the wheel was even farther to the left with the the wheels straight so if i have an alignment as i do need one will the alignment straighten the wheel or will i have to go back to the original source where it started and have the steering wheel taken off and go that way.thanks

Archived