315/70-17 BF Goodrich

Will this work? I have seen the 305/70-17 on a new '05 with only the t-bars cranked up and there was no rubbing. Since the 315 is just under 35in tall, I am wondering if it's possible. Let me know your thoughts on this.

i don't think they will fit without a lift. although, i have seen some pics of a 1500 silverado (with the ford keys cranked all the way and blocks in the rear) fit the 315/70 on stock rims, but i bet they rubbed pretty bad. 305/70 might or might not rub, since some trucks just naturally sit a little higher than others. if you crank your t-bars and run a wheel with stock offset, you should be able to fit 305/70 with minimal or no rubbing. might have to trim the inner fender or zip tie it out of the way. i would stick with 285/75 unless you're going to lift it...i think they look just as good and don't cause any problems.

Where did you see these pics of the 1500 with the 315's? I have my torsion bars cranked all the way, which luckily for me, put the truck level and gave it a better look than before. I am curious as to whether or not this will work b/c I can get some new BF Goodrich AT's in that size from a friend who is a Hummer dealer for CHEAP!!

Aren't your 315's on wider wheels than what comes stock? It looks like it may work to me on the factory rims, with only some minor trimming of the front wheel well liners after the t-bars are cranked up-but I'm not convinced enough yet to go and get some 315's.

I did run across this pic earlier-the guy used the Ford torsion bar keys because his truck would not sit level with the factory bars cranked up, then he removed the plastic valence from the front bumper-and these tires are actually bigger than the 315/70-17 as they as 315/75-16.

java script:ShowImage('http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?fg=000000&bg=666666&migration=1&image=http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/274000-274999/274654_20_full.jpg', 504, 410);

Archived