Where is the light sensor??

Yeah, right on the dash, but in mine, it's kinda like right of center, next to the center window defogger/defroster vent.  I just wish that we were able to adjust the sensitivity of the thing, don't really care for the headlights to pop on whenever I cruise a length of road with over-hanging trees only to switch off a minute or two later; on/off/on/off...

I thought it was that small black button on top of the dash right near the windshield but I guess thats not it.  Tried to cover it up to see if lights went on but they didnt. If thats not the light sensor, what is it???

It is my understanding that it is.  I do believe, though, the sensor does have a delay, so you may not of covered the sensor long enough for it to kick the lights on.  I'll try on mine and see what happens.

That little button looking thing on the center part of the dash IS the sensor and it does have a delay built into it, although, I'm not sure what the timing of the delay is.  Try putting a pair of gloves or a towel over it.  Something that will keep it completely covered, and leave it on there for a little while.

The sensor is located on the top of the instrument panel in the defroster grill. I just looked in my book and there is a delay in the automatic headlight system but it doesn't say how long the delay is. I did find something interesting. You can turn off your day time running lamps.

LT

(Edited by LT at 9:10 pm on June 9, 2001)

With the ignition on,push the dome override button four times consecutively.

You will hear a chime like when you first start your truck and they will be off until you repeat the process or turn the key off.You have to do this every time you restart your truck if you wish that they not come on.

It also works for the automatic headlamps.

BUT, on 1999's and early 2000's that button doesn't do it.  There is no way to shut off autoheadlights unless you buy a special adapter for ?.  BTW, you also have to take the truck into a dealers to have the autolocks shut off--but only if yours is a early version 2000.

I found out you can turn the auto headlights off by accident one night when I bumped the button while driving down the highway. Dooo! I almost never use the manual switch and had a heck of a time finding it as when the lights went out so did the dash lights.

Same thing happened to me last Friday...didnt know what was going on...thought my borther in law had broken something...he turned on the lights manually and hit the override switch I guess.  everything went to normal though when I turned it off and then back on.  MY truck was built in Dec of 1999, does this qualify it as an early 2000???

Archived