Parking Brake help

I read the thread about how to adjust your parking brake and it still isn't working. I've done it twice now and the second time i had to hammer the drums back on to get them over the parking brake tightener thingy :cheers:

I think it is something else that has gone bad. The cables are tightening up just fine, the brake just isn't holding whatsoever. Any other ideas?

My parking brake stopped working a few months ago and I finally got to doing a brake job. I had to buy new rotors all around cause they were corroded so bad, and if you have to change your parking brake pads I hope you don't get f#!@ed like I did. While trying to loosen it very carefully (cause I saw how rusted it was) the bolt head snapped off the bolt that holds the parking brake pad clip. I had to take the pumpkin cover off and pull the axle to get at it to drill it out and retap it. The passenger side was fine so I figure that since the driver's side spring clip is on the bottom it collects moisture and that's what seized it after only 4 years. They should have put anti-sieze or grease on those little sh!t ball bolts during assembly, or better yet come up with a much better setup all together. I see why they went back to drums. And don't even get me started on the backing plates I could almost put my finger through them on a truck that is only 4 years old. They couldn't have made them thicker or made it out of better metal?? What a joke :cheers:

Archived