First time I needed help Onstar didn't work

It's been a while guys, they finally fixed the rattle after the 5th trip with a new muffler. :eek:

Saturday going down the freeway I blew my driver's left rear tire. My Mom was all excited cause she has seen all the Onstar commercials and just couldn't wait for me to push that button.

I pushed the blue Onstar button and nothing................ :D

I pushed the red Emergency button and nothing............. :D

I pulled the owners manual out, tried the one on the steering wheel...............nothing :cheers:

So much for help when you need it. I did pull out my card and called the number, they had to do some searching and finally found my account. Then they transferred me to GM Roadside Assistance. Waited for a call back, took another 45 mins. for them to get there. Onstar said to call Sunday and they would try and figure out what was wrong, which I did and they said they couldn't help to go to the dealership.

Dealership said my module fried and I need a new one, that Onstar has been having problems with them and to replace them. Of course the part is on back order and they aren't sure how long it will take. The tire............$161.00. Told them to forget it, I'll go to my tire place.

Last but not least.................I asked about the big run in the paint on my tailgate, it's at the top right corner, about 3-4" long, said to make an appt. at the bodyshop.

I did forget to ask them about the screw that fell out from under the dash...........maybe that was my Onstar screw :eek:

Tomorrow I'll get my new tire.................................tonight.........I'm going to the dealership to drive a new Mustang...........ya never know...............I'm just getting tired of the Chevy dealer.

Check your Onstar............just tell them your testing it.

Aww, thanks facn8me!

I still pop in and read and put my 2 cents in. I just wish I would have something positive to say.

But I do now, :cheers: I just drove a Black Convertible Mustang GT.........................it was a stick.................I miss driving a stick soooo much, and to drive that car tonight.... I can't even begin to tell you how I felt................ I did tell him to price it out for me, have to wait for him to get my payoff, the sound of that dual exhaust and shifting thru the gears.......................sorry.... it was awesome! If anything I have a free brochure, doubt I can afford this car.

I'm still checking in on everyone, just don't have a lot of time to post and as they say ......no news is good news. I really miss everyone here and talking. Living in the yard for the moment, lot's of painting and fixing inside too.

Nice to hear from you facn8me, you made my day better! :D

Wow ... do you remember if the LED was green showing it was in service? Or were there no LEDs on at all??? I tried mine one holiday out in the hill country of central Texas but where there was still cell service and got voice error messages from the area's cell svc provider - that lasted for at least 50 miles. That was surprising because the area is saturated with wealthy retirees, a large number of them Cadillac and Buick owners - I know I would be p'd if my OnStar svc did not work properly in my (g)olden years when I'd most likely need to use it.

Aww, thanks facn8me! 

But I do now,  :cheers: I just drove a Black Convertible Mustang GT.........................it was a stick.................I miss driving a stick soooo much, and to drive that car tonight.... I can't even begin to tell you how I felt................  I did tell him to price it out for me, have to wait for him to get my payoff, the sound of that dual exhaust and shifting thru the gears.......................sorry.... it was awesome! If anything I have a free brochure, doubt I can afford this car.

You want a stick? And you like trucks?

Have we got a deal for you. There is a link from a new site sponsor that flashes at the top of dang near every page on this site.

The Joe Gibbs Silverado...Supercharger, exhaust, the works. Yes, it comes it ex-cab. :D

post-5031-1119318238_thumb.jpg

markeaux-no light on the mirror right now. The advisor made it sound like they are having problems with the modules. I never expected it not to work, I just wonder how long it hasn't.

Wingnut-nice to see your post, thanks for the pic, very sweeeet looking ride, don't even tempt me..........I asked for a manual trans on my 05, they couldn't find any unless they special ordered it and at the time I just couldn't wait.

Here in Michigan we have a road called Gratiot and every weekend we would go out and cruise, just like the Woodward cruise. Lot's of muscle cars, racing, and meeting people. My friends would get mad at me because I went out to race, they went out to meet guys. Most of the guys didn't think I had enough #$% to race my 396 '72 Chevelle that was balanced and blue printed and bored over, I couldn't help proving them wrong. There is just something about driving a stick, I have a talent for hitting the gears right..........probably from my brother teaching me to drive his 70 R/T Challenger. My dream was to become a race car driver, but it was too hard for people to take me seriously so I never persued it. It's still in me though. It's a total high for me, really bummed me out when they did away the good ole 4 barrel carb.......I really miss the sound.

Take care guys, talk with you tomorrow.......... :cheers:

I only pushed mine to say "I'm Batman, where's the closest jet fuel station?" to the lady that answered. Apparantly, they heard that joke 3 or 4 times a week back when that commercial was on.

After that, it was kind of boring. So I only pushed it to impress the ladies*.

*By "ladies" I really meant those imaginary female companions that my brain tells me should be clamoring to get in my truck.

I hate those commercials where they have the people calling in after they have a wreck, or they locked their keys in their car. On some of them the people are just moaning and you can't understand a word they are saying:

WOMAN- OOOOOOOOH MYYYYGODD!!!!!HELP ME ooooooooooo PLEASE.........

ONSTAR-What seems to be the problem ma'am?

WOMAN- One of my passenger's had some bad Taco Bell and now we can't breath in here! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ONSTAR- Well, I'll just remotely roll down your window for you. There ya go... Would you like me to stay on the line until the air clears?

WOMAN- Yes, please.

ONSTAR, WE'RE THERE WHEN YOU NEED US.

It's been a while guys, they finally fixed the rattle after the 5th trip with a new muffler. :eek:

Saturday going down the freeway I blew my driver's left rear tire.  My Mom was all excited cause she has seen all the Onstar commercials and just couldn't wait for me to push that button.

I pushed the blue Onstar button and nothing................ :D

I pushed the red Emergency button and nothing............. :D

I pulled the owners manual out, tried the one on the steering wheel...............nothing :cheers:

So much for help when you need it.  I did pull out my card and called the number, they had to do some searching and finally found my account.  Then they transferred me to GM Roadside Assistance.  Waited for a call back, took another 45 mins. for them to get there. Onstar said to call Sunday and they would try and figure out what was wrong, which I did and they said they couldn't help to go to the dealership.

Dealership said my module fried and I need a new one, that Onstar has been having problems with them and to replace them.  Of course the part is on back order and they aren't sure how long it will take.  The tire............$161.00.  Told them to forget it, I'll go to my tire place.

Last but not least.................I asked about the big run in the paint on my tailgate, it's at the top right corner, about 3-4" long, said to make an appt. at the bodyshop.

I did forget to ask them about the screw that fell out from under the dash...........maybe that was my Onstar screw  :eek:

Tomorrow I'll get my new tire.................................tonight.........I'm going to the dealership to drive a new Mustang...........ya never know...............I'm just getting tired of the Chevy dealer.

Check your Onstar............just tell them your testing it.

GM warrentys the OEM tires for one year from date of sale. Dealer should have replaced it free of charge.

Gee, Lisa, if you didn't have bad luck....you wouldn't have any at all.

Those new Mustangs are really great looking. Verrrrry tempting. Just a thought, but I wonder if F*rd is standing on the sidelines to see how the GM promotions are going to play out. If they are really successful in clearing inventory, maybe they will do the same thing. Then that Mustang would become even more interesting, eh?

Good luck, whatever you do.

Autumn

GM warrentys the OEM tires for one year from date of sale. Dealer should have replaced it free of charge.

Actually, we warrant the tires for the full 3/36, just like everything else; however, the warranty is for defects in the tire and would not cover blowing a tire from running over or hitting something in the road.

You guys are way too funny.............thanks for the laugh I needed it!

They offered me $18,000 for my truck :) Payments on the Mustang $582 a month.............too much for me. No discounts allowed, no rebates. People are driving from out of state to get these. If you order one it takes 3-4 months to get it.

I wish the tire was a defect, but it wasn't, there was something in it and it cut a big hole.

I went to get the tire today, they ordered the wrong one (sound familiar??) They ordered a black wall, I am so tired of all of this, told them to change them around so they are all black wall. Enough is enough guys, my luck has to change somewhere.

At least I have a Mustang brochure to drool over. I may go check out the Chargers next, haven't seen one yet, might have to try the hemi out...... at least it's free:driving:

Thanks for your replies.

my luck has to change somewhere.

And when it does, we're making a caravan to Vegas :) Yeah, someone left a little sheet on the Charger police package that they're coming out with. Definitely got some of us drooling seeing something other than the boring "Police Interceptor" year after year...of course if we could keep 1 of our 2 HD Road King's in service for more than a day, I wouldn't be worrying about cars. :cool:

Archived