glow plug

Ok I have A 2006 with less than 2500 miles, at 497 miles I was going down the road and it sounded like it was about to sling a rod. I quit as fast as it happend, I went stright to the dealer and had them check it out and the only code it had was glow plug controler. The :) code was cleared and I was sent on my way, even though I felt I had lost power and the oil presure was about 10 pounds lower. About A week later the check light came on and I returned to the dealer. They said A bulliten came out about it and the glow plugs were burnt up at the factory and they orderd a new set. I took it in today to have them put in. They removed 2 of them and the tips were gone. they put 2 of the new ones in cranked it up and it sounded like it was slinging A rod again. They said they would get back with me after pulling the heads and sent me on my way. oh yeah for the last few days my exaust pipe seems to be blowing black fule out under load and in the morning. What ya thing about that. Is it bad?

I had always thought that the material used to make the head of the glow plugs was supposed to just disintegrate if it fell into the combustion chamber.

It sounds like some damage was done. If the oil pressure dropped it shouldn't be an injector or valve problem. It sounds like maybe something happened to the turbo. Perhaps it is a combination.

Ok I have A 2006 with less than 2500 miles, at 497 miles I was going down the road and it sounded like it was about to sling a rod. I quit as fast as it happend, I went stright to the dealer and had them check it out and the only code it had was glow plug controler. The  :seeya: code was cleared and I was sent on my way, even though I felt I had lost power and the oil presure was about 10 pounds lower. About A week later the check light came on and I returned to the dealer. They said A bulliten came out about it and the glow plugs were burnt up at the factory and they orderd a new set. I took it in today to have them put in. They removed 2 of them and the tips were gone. they put 2 of the new ones in cranked it up and it sounded like it was slinging A rod again. They said they would get back with me after pulling the heads and sent me on my way. oh yeah for the last few days my exaust pipe seems to be blowing black fule out under load and in the morning. What ya thing about that. Is it bad?

I was going to suggest that you shop this question over at the diesel place, but it looks like you're already doing it - good move. Looks like a couple of people have this issue w/ their LBZ's. Did you read this? LBZ glow plug

Well the news is in A new engine is going in right now. It got the back 2 cylinders , pistons cylinder walls and heads. I bet they wish they would have checked it A little better the first time i brought it in.

I remember i think around november, (For you that don't know, I work in the used car building, parking cars and what not), A salesman needed a 3500hd for a customer that was buying it. We didn't have the one he wanted, so we dealertraded. Drivers went out and got it, drove it back, ses light came on. So they took it to service. Took the heads off and found the glow plugs disintegrated into the block. So new engine was on order.

Archived