rear brakes

Hey gang, was looking at the 06 2500HD chevys (regular cab long bed 4x4) the other weekend but didnt look at the brakes in the rear.

Do the HDs (2006) have discs or did they go back to drums like the 1500s?

Full floating axle too right?

Lee

The 2500HD has the AAM 1050 full floating rear axle. Search google for AAM 1050 for the specs.

Of course the brakes are larger than on the 1500s. GM could never certify the 2500hd for 9200 GVW with brakes from the 1500.

But I don't know if the parking brakes have the same wimpy hold as the ones on the 1500... I never even use mine. Anybody else know?

The 2500HD has the AAM 1050 full floating rear axle.  Search google for AAM 1050 for the specs.

Of course the brakes are larger than on the 1500s.  GM could never certify the 2500hd for 9200 GVW with brakes from the 1500.

But I don't know if the parking brakes have the same wimpy hold as the ones on the 1500...  I never even use mine.  Anybody else know?

I did this past summer. Had to park the truck on a hill with 4 tons of hay on a trailer while I unloaded it. Set the parking brake, let off the regular brake before putting it in park and the truck didn't move. I even forgot about it and tried to drive off afterwards. Even with a light throttle from my 8.1 it didn't move. My work truck is the same way.

Archived