Dynamat

Looking for advice on sound deadeners. I know Dynamat is the nuts but I am looking for interior alternatives. I felt that in order to Dynamat the door panels, pillars and rear portion of the cab it would be relatively expensive.

Does any one have any experiences with other materials?

My main objectice is to stop some creeks and rattles inside before I upgrade to replacement speakers and possibly a sub.

Looking for advice on sound deadeners.  I know Dynamat is the nuts but I am looking for interior alternatives.  I felt that in order to  Dynamat the door panels, pillars and rear portion of the cab it would be relatively expensive.

My main objectice is to stop some creeks and rattles inside before I upgrade to replacement speakers and possibly a sub.

About 4 years ago, I used a vinyl based deadener from Cascade Audio Engineering (CAE). At the time it was way cheaper than Dynomat. It is a vinyl based material so it doesn't smell like some of the other cheaper materials (asphalt). I used it in the entire interior of my Tahoe except the roof. Made a big difference both killing any resonance from the exhaust and keeping out unwanted noise. It applied by had and is heated with a heat gun while pressing into nooks and crannies.

Looking for advice on sound deadeners.  I know Dynamat is the nuts but I am looking for interior alternatives.  I felt that in order to  Dynamat the door panels, pillars and rear portion of the cab it would be relatively expensive.

About 4 years ago, I used a vinyl based deadener from Cascade Audio Engineering (CAE). At the time it was way cheaper than Dynomat. It is a vinyl based material so it doesn't smell like some of the other cheaper materials (asphalt). I used it in the entire interior of my Tahoe except the roof. Made a big difference both killing any resonance from the exhaust and keeping out unwanted noise. It applied by had and is heated with a heat gun while pressing into nooks and crannies.

there's also koolmat, used mainly for heat but works for sound also. They make special kits for corvettes and other models already pre cut.

Archived