Wait4me Performance PCM

Black Betty

I recently installed a custom Programmed PCM in my truck. I noticed a difference in the idle immediately. 1-2 hundred RPM higher. The truck shifts at a much higher rpm. I took it for a run and throttle response and seat of the pants feel is dramatically different. It seems to be fast!! I believe that much of the available torque has been freed up. I am very happy with this mod. It was very cheap as well. The turn around time was excellent on the order. I had mine in less than a week from the time I ordered it. I emailed them several times and they replied within several hours every time. Overall experience is very good!! :mad:

MOD: custom Performance Tune

Manf. Wait4mePerformance.com

Staff: Jesse and Hannah Bubb

Cost $75 if you sent yours

$150 if sent you a new one. (Can get 60$ core back on yours)

Rating

Thats a bummer!!! What if you sent it to someone in the states and they sent it from their U.S address? Or order a whole new PCM, have it sent to someone in the states, and back to you!

I wanted to buy a whole new PCM instead of sending mine in.

They won't ship with USPS, just UPS, which would cost me a fortune (see other thread regarding UPS).

Perhaps if I can convince them to send it to me via USPS. It would be slower, but hey, no big deal waiting a couple of weeks. Since it would be a new PCM, I would still have use of my truck.

hmmm.....

Thats a bummer!!! What if you sent it to someone in the states and they sent it from their U.S address? Or order a whole new PCM, have it sent to someone in the states, and back to you!

I wanted to buy a whole new PCM instead of sending mine in.

They won't ship with USPS, just UPS, which would cost me a fortune (see other thread regarding UPS).

Perhaps if I can convince them to send it to me via USPS. It would be slower, but hey, no big deal waiting a couple of weeks. Since it would be a new PCM, I would still have use of my truck.

hmmm.....

:mad: Sounds like a good plan, if you have any problems let me know, i'd like to see how that works out. And if you do need someone to mediate the shipping, let me know also, I'd be glad to help you out!

When I ordered mine from them they told me that all they ship is USPS. It was only $7.70 to ship it one way. I ordered my tune from him and didn't send in my PCM. Within a week I got my new pcm in a USPS box. The USPS has several boxes that are prepriced for all weights.

Okay, when it comes to PCM's and VCM's and computers in general i'm a bit naive, can someone please enlighten me as to the location and removal/installation procedure for the PCM on a 96 chevy 5.0! :cheers:

Do you have their web address?

I found a website, but they seem to be based in Texas, so most likely not the same Westers.

they are located in tilly alberta talk to lyndon great guy try this web site and go to pricing.let me know how you make out as i live in winnipeg and i am going to order a pcm tune soon on my 98 5.7.http://westersgarage.eidnet.org/Index2.htm

ph. 1-403-377-2277 ask for lyndon.

Update:

wait4me will send me a PCM via USPS...it'll take a little longer, but I'm in no rush. Approximate cost $158 US plus shipping.

Westers (which resides in Canada) wants over $495! :banghead:

So, I'll be ordering from wait4me.

Archived