my main question is, will an IVA-W200 fit in my 2006 GMC Sierra, Crutchfield said no, but i am pretty sure i have a Double DIN opening. so i am thouroughly confused

my main question is, will an IVA-W200 fit in my 2006 GMC Sierra, Crutchfield said no, but i am pretty sure i have a Double DIN opening. so i am thouroughly confused

I have a 05 denali xl and it will fit mine and I want one too, but I would have to get rid of my iva d 300 first :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Yes they fit. It's the best radio ever (I've owned a lot of radios).

For the metra kit use the Suzuki\GM multi kit part #99-2003 it has some useful extra parts like an extra trim ring.

The install is easy.

yhst-12943380358717_1898_21680711.jpeg

how old is your 300 and how much are you willing to sell it for

PM me with anything

changed my mind found out that I would be down grading to the 200, it has less options that the reason for the 400$ diff., and don't get me wrong I love alpine if it had the features that mine had i would sell it.

changed my mind found out that I would be down grading to the 200, it has less options that the reason for the 400$ diff., and don't get me wrong I love alpine if it had the features that mine had i would sell it.

I'm just wondering. What features does the 310 have that the 200 doesn't?

I believe the cost difference is because the .5" smaller screen (It's hardly noticeable), the fact that the unit doesn't require as many parts because it doesn't flip out, and the prices have to come down due to the fact so many of the other manufacturers are selling cheaper units.

Another reason this unit is less expensive is so they can sell all the add-on units(bluetooth, usb adapter, etc.).

If you change to the 200 you won't feel like its a downgrade.

Just my .02. :sigh:

I'm just wondering. What features does the 310 have that the 200 doesn't?

I believe the cost difference is because the .5" smaller screen (It's hardly noticeable), the fact that the unit doesn't require as many parts because it doesn't flip out, and the prices have to come down due to the fact so many of the other manufacturers are selling cheaper units.

Another reason this unit is less expensive is so they can sell all the add-on units(bluetooth, usb adapter, etc.).

If you change to the 200 you won't feel like its a downgrade.

Just my .02. :sigh:

I have a friend that owns a high end car audio buiss. in town and he is the one that told me, and he's all about upgrade $$$ the 200 was designed to be competive with other manf. units, I wanted the 200 bad like 4 months ago but he told me he would keep the one I have, it wouldn't be a down grade, just less than I have now,I just can't see going backwards, and I can get this unit cheap, I like the way the 200 looks, trust me I am not shooting this unit down, I like it, and as far as the add on features....well I have to buy them too, Alpine is an alacarte company.

Alpine is an alacarte company.

You hit that one right on the nose. :tear:

But there's none better.

I'm lovin the way that stereo looks, I've had my finger on the mouse a few times, close enough to press the purchase button, anyways I got a question, maybe you can answer: That Metra part #99-2003, is that compatible with an '05 Sierra? and secondly, the alpine-usa.com website says the screen folds flush (I think they call it "swingface") does it really fold flush when not in use? Thanks for your help.

I'm lovin the way that stereo looks, I've had my finger on the mouse a few times, close enough to press the purchase button, anyways I got a question, maybe you can answer: That Metra part #99-2003, is that compatible with an '05 Sierra? and secondly, the alpine-usa.com website says the screen folds flush (I think they call it "swingface") does it really fold flush when not in use? Thanks for your help.

Yes that kit will work for an 05 Sierra.

It sits flush if you don't mount it the way its supposed to be mounted.

You can make it sit flush.

If you're in So California (I'm in San Pedro) you can bring it over here and I'll help you install it flush. I teach a Mobile Electronics installation program and I'm open to helping anyone install their own equipment.

email me if you want help. [email protected]

mrinstall, what add ons have you got? I would like to know if you add the Alpine NVE-N872A navigation unit, if you still have to use the remote that comes with it, or if you can control everything through the 200?

mrinstall, what add ons have you got?  I would like to know if you add the Alpine NVE-N872A navigation unit, if you still have to use the remote that comes with it, or if you can control everything through the 200?

We have a Blackbird but the cradle hasn't come out yet.

As far as the NVE-N872A you can control the unit from the touchscreen.

Archived