Bad Fuel Filter?

I recently replaced the fuel filter with a Purolator and my truck seems a little sluggish since then. Could I have gotten a bad one? I know, I should've used an AC Delco. Maybe I'll just get an AC Delco and change it again and see what happens. Has anyone ever experienced a new fuel filter that was bad?

Did you blow threw the new filter before installing??? I always blow through them before installing to make sure it flows freely with little resistance. I also blow through old ones to see if it is indeed getting plugged, bad after taste though.

Did you blow threw the new filter before installing???  I always blow through them before installing to make sure it flows freely with little resistance.  I also blow through old ones to see if it is indeed getting plugged, bad after taste though.

Nah, I didn't blow through it. I should have though. Sometimes I'm too assuming. You'd think with it being new, it would be good. But, I've never had any experiences with Purolator. Used to use Fram with no problems. From now on, I'll use only AC Delco. I just bought one and will change it and see if that is indeed my "sluggish" problem.

Archived