hooking up my amp and the gm12-aux

hey whats up all!! im looking for some help to hook up my amp and the gm12-aux..... ive searched the posts and really cant find the exact info i need so assistance would be much appreciated! heres what im trying to do first.. hook up my amp in my truck

1st question.... the power cable... do i connect to the positive bolt on battery on run it to the 12v. red box that the alternator is run to?

2nd question..... i have a inline convertor from hooking up this setup in the past to my other vehicles but do not know what to hook up the wires to, does anyone know the colors for the rear speakers? or do you know if they sell an adapter that i can just plug right in instead of splicing (please let me know of wire colors also incase i cant find adapter by tommorow) (day off and would like to get this installed)

3rd question.... the gm12-aux

h469GM12AX2-f.jpeg

it looks pretty straight forward to hook this up with the ends that are on it but what do i hook the 2 wires to that are not in the harness setup.. (the yellow and black) i belive one is a power and one ground??? they have a electrical end on them that i am not sure how to hook them up the a wire also if i have to tap in???

thanx in advance for the help... jerry

give this page a try. It is for a Colorado, but it should help you out alot.

*EDIT* and to answer your question, yes yellow is pos, black is neg. In my colorado I sliced into the cig lighter for power, but I had bad static if I used the lighter plug at all. All you need is 12v+ and a ground and you should be good.

thanx for responding.... but i allready got it hooked up (the gm12aux) i ended up taping into the headunit power (larger of the 2 orange wires in harness) and for reference for others the ground behind the hu is the black. i got my amp all installed to, wires run, all hooked up but it dosent work.... im suspecting either a bad ground or remote turn on not working properelly..... when i jump the amp (putting wire from remote turn on to power wire, it turns on amp so i know amp works , but even doing this the sub dosent work when jumped??????? im clueless and giving it a rest for a couple days.. but if anyone has opinions please give!

• 2 weeks later...

great news! i got it it to work... actually i cant take the credit for it.... those familiar with buffalo ny, Darryl's car audio "hooked me me up" i went there as a last attempt to get this working after trying for WEEKS! it turned out that my inline fuse was fried, and the remote turn on wire was bad... so after just quickly hooking it u ghetto style with wires drapped over seats and dash, i went home and re-routed everything so it looks factory!

Oh yea- btw- about darryls car audio... "kudos" to them for the excellent service! when i asked them how much i owe him... i was expecting at least 30-40 bux... he said dont worry bout it! i was like WOW! So thats why i say he hooked me up! free remote turn on wire , about 15 feet, and a free fuse! I now will do all my audio business thru them! thankyou everyone here for your help tho!

Archived