how to gain cheep power for my canyon

Hey all Im new here.

I just bought a new(05) canyon 2x4 2.8l with the off road package. I love the truck but I REALLY miss the power of my dodge dakota(318). I am looking for ways to gain some horse power without draining my Bank account, just wondering what would be some good ways for more horse power like for exaple does the vortec cyclone and tornados etc. help gain any hp to where you can notice? And will a new intake give any more hp on the small motor of the canyon. Hope to hear back soon. [email protected] ps the truck has OK horse power with the ac off but with it on....it just plane su!@s!!!

I just got news from wait4meperformance and they said they do not offer the chip for the canyon!!! Anyone have any other ideas, also whats wrong with the intake vortex gizmos and such, people say they do work but I would hate to spend 55 bucks on something that gave me one more poney and a cup more of gas per mile. I would like to know a little more on these if anyof you have them please let me know if they make a difference...MC [email protected]

I just got news from wait4meperformance and they said they do not offer the chip for the canyon!!! Anyone have any other ideas, also whats wrong with the intake vortex gizmos and such, people say they do work but I would hate to spend 55 bucks on something that gave me one more poney and a cup more of gas per mile. I would like to know a little more on these if anyof you have them please let me know if they make a difference...MC  [email protected]

The problem is that there is not a whole lot out for the colorado's and canyon's yet and what is out is for the I-5 mainly. The only thing that is out for the I-4 is a Cold air kit from either K&N or AEM which they are both kind of pricey so I think that I am going to some custom work for my I-4 in this area. The only other thing out at the moment is a catback exhaust from Magnaflow or Gibson but I am going to have a muffler welded on with a single sweptside tip added instead (a lot cheaper). This is my daily driver so I am not looking for a ton of power out of my I-4 but if I can gain a little it will definitely help. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Lee

• 4 weeks later...
I would hate to spend 55 bucks on something that gave me one more poney and a cup more of gas per mile. I would like to know a little more on these if anyof you have them please let me know if they make a difference...MC  [email protected]

They make quite a profound difference when they fall apart & throw a handful of metal down the intake..... :gmc:

Westers offers a tune for the Colorado/Canyon, and you can purchase HP tuning software for them now, or have them tuned by someone w/ that software. Gibson, Magnaflow, Borla and now theres a GM Performance catback available. K&N, AEM, Volant make intakes.

Im looking at getting a Colorado also, so Ive been doing alot of similar reading. Im planning on skipping all the minor stuff and just saving towards a turbo kit when the time comes.

• 1 month later...

Archived