Oh man!

Well, over the weekend I was messing around on http://www.gmbuypower.com to see if any local dealers had some 3500 Silverados in stock.  I found out that a dealership about 30 miles away had two extended cab 4x4's in stock.  Now I have seen plenty of pewter and white duallys, so I was hoping to find a bit rarer color.  Well low and behold, one of those bad boys was Sunset Orange Metallic (my favorite color besides Charcoal gray).  So of course, I had to go look at it.  :biggrin:

Personally, even though I like the Sunset orange alot, I figured it would be way to gawdy for a dually.  But I must say, the truck was drop dead gorgeous.  Them composite rear fenders seemed to fit the color really well.  No matter what I try and say here, I cant do the truck justice.  Needed some bigger tires, but it still looked better then the pewter one sitting next to it.  I spent about 20 minutes drooling all over the truck before I had to come back home.  :( 

And the amazing part is, this is comming from a guy how used to hate how duallys looked, and would never considered owning one.  If you can't tell, I'm pretty sure what my next truck will be.  :biggrin:  Hopefully the color is still around by then...

Oh btw, Mervz requested I go get some pictures of that truck, so I hope to have some to share soon.

30miles?  Had to be in Ellsworth, or McPherson.  

Off topic.  I don't know if you remember me telling you about a lifted F-250 PSD that a guy name Randy Leister had do you?  He has a new Duramax pewter now, that looks good.  I used to be a neighbor to him, so I saw it everyday...

Anyways, I saw him and asked him how he liked it compared to his old PSD.  He told me that his PSD ran better.  I didn't expect that.  Because my uncles run's real good.  

I wondered if you have ever seen it.  It's usually parked in front of Tailgator's on North Sante Fe.  

(Edited by Pastmaster at 10:32 pm on June 20, 2001)

Naw, it was Abilene.  Thats close enough to 30 miles.  LOL

That Duramax, would it happen to have the 4x4 emblems replaced with checkered flag decals?  If so, I see that guy around all the time.  His comment is suprising to me too, because the one I drove ran pretty dang good.

Holm?  That's where my father got his Silverado.  I like the dealership.  Good deals.  Did you happen to visit the Ford dealer there, Green?  They had a nice Crewcab used 2001 on their lot that is nice, of course I haven't been there in over a month.  

That Duramax, would it happen to have the 4x4 emblems replaced with checkered flag decals?  If so, I see that guy around all the time.  His comment is suprising to me too, because the one I drove ran pretty dang good.

No, that's not it.  I do know that one.  that guy got it from Bennett's?  Still has the Bra on it.  Looks a little dorky.  No Leister's is a CrewCab LT with the aluminum wheels.  Has a toolbox on the back and Dealer plates.

He bought his in KC.  some dealer there.  He told me that he got it for ? over invoice which I thought was unbelieveable since he had the first owned Dmax I ever saw...

Guess I haven't seen that one then.  I seen two Duramax's just today, one was a gray CC and the other was a white regular cab (company truck).  I'm suprised at the number of HD's I have been seeing around.

I did come up with one bad thing about having a Sunset Orange truck, and that is coming up with a decent looking truck/trailer combo.  I red stock trailer would not look good!  I think a black flatbed GN trailer (what I would normally pull) would look good, as would a white enclosed car trailer.  Charcoal gray would be much easier to find a good looking combo....

Archived