Biodiesel Article

It's a great article. I like to point out that Goodwin is using existing technologies, many of which are decades old and in some cases indeed already in large scale industrial use. Why they have not found their ways into cars? Why the DELAY? Your suspicion is correct.

It further proves that we can't trust the media, who seems to be rather a part of the advertising arm of big special interest. How can they celebrate something like the Prius, if there are much better things out there? They have to appear, like they are in favor of the environment. Their "expert" journalists are disseminating information that is spoon-fed even to them. Complacent or accomplice, they publicize ideas and products that satisfies the average environmentalist; products that most people just can't or won't buy. As a result when looking at the big picture, nothing really happens. Which exactly plays into the hands of the big oil companies.

hell, I'd love to have a turbine in my truck, electric motors are extraordinarily powerful, all the torque right off the bat, I'm surprised that rock crawlers havent latched onto electric motors yet, my guess it's the ease of putting an engine together rather than running wires and such. ha, hell that'll be my senior year design project.

very nice read thats for sure i would love to get ahold of one of his conversions ...

or just pick his brain for a bit to build a setup for my vw beetle i have sitting around ... so it will be all electric...

Didn't some guys called "AmpHeads" build an electric car using a post office truck? they used 3 electric motors, but the performance was pretty sad, max speed of 90 mph. But i saw something on the History channel, this guy used a regular electric motor and was getting awesome 0-60 performance, in the 5 second range using lead acid batteries.

Some guy near the school i go to has one of those 3 wheeled electric cars built in china, so boring. Why does the automotive industry keep the stigma of a boring electric car, why cant they do things like John Goodwin?

And the thing about it is, everything he said not only uses existing technologies, but it actually makes sense. Way more sense than causing acid rain in one part of the world to "reduce your carbon footprint".

I could give a rip about the falacy of a smaller carbon footprint. Double my mileage? You've got my attention. And that's how you reduce all emissions, burn less fuel to do the same job.

Archived