Steering Wheel Off Center While Driving Straight , Document Id# 200543

neto1978

Question

Hi there...

reading this document(Document ID# 2005435 ) ,I checked my steering gear box serial number and found out that it has the number 7 on the 7th digit .

Should I ask the dealer to replace it? the steering wheel is ok!

tks

0 answers to this question

can u tell me more about doc. id# 2005435. I have a 2008 sierra 2500hd that drifts slowly to the left, even in the far right lanes. This was noted as soon as i drove it off the lot. the dealer said i have to wait at least 800+ miles before gm will let them put it on the rack. gm wants the truck to break in first.

thanks

I can tell you this much without looking at the bulliten your dealer is full of shit.

That bulletin has been updated and states nothing about the numbers on the gear. If your truck is under warranty and you have a legitimate complaint, take it to your dealer and tell them with as much detail as possible about your complaint. Bulletin released by General Motors are not a free ticket to start replacing parts to fix a complaint. Anyway, at the bottom of all bulletins is the following "GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information."

Hardly. The reasoning behind the break in period of 800 miles is to let the frame and truck settle in. After being cinched down to the truck and shipped from who know where, they want the frame and other parts to relax. After 800 miles, get her done.

I am having the same drift to the left. The steering wheel is a shade to the right. I have ha it aligned twice and it is still the same. Is there a TSB out on this? I am taking it to the deale rin the morning.

can u tell me more about doc. id# 2005435. I have a 2008 sierra 2500hd that drifts slowly to the left, even in the far right lanes. This was noted as soon as i drove it off the lot. the dealer said i have to wait at least 800+ miles before gm will let them put it on the rack. gm wants the truck to break in first.

thanks

That bulletin has been updated and states nothing about the numbers on the gear. If your truck is under warranty and you have a legitimate complaint, take it to your dealer and tell them with as much detail as possible about your complaint. Bulletin released by General Motors are not a free ticket to start replacing parts to fix a complaint. Anyway, at the bottom of all bulletins is the following "GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information."

tks a lot ,the problem is that I imported this truck to brazil and theres no warranty at all , I am on my own !

Hardly. The reasoning behind the break in period of 800 miles is to let the frame and truck settle in. After being cinched down to the truck and shipped from who know where, they want the frame and other parts to relax. After 800 miles, get her done.

Archived