b&m or jet shift improver

I put the B&M Electronic shift controller in my '97 F250 because the tranny was waaaaayyyy  too soft.

It had three settings that were adjustable from a rocker switch on the unit.  I ran my truck in the middle setting all the time unless I was towing and then switched it to the firmest shift setting.

The unit did exactly what it was supposed to do, and was easy to hook up and much cheaper than putting a shift kit in the tranny itself.

im looking for a shift improver and so far i have b&m or jet shift improver. Im not sure which one is best cause theres different versions like the electronic shift improver or the transpak. Which one is better and do these products actualy improve my quarter mile?

If your trying to improve your qurter mile you want to look at the "Performance" version of the Transgo, this will really do a job on the transmission, very quick and responsive. :)

http://www.txchange.com/transgo.htm

ive read the transgo site info and theres 2 versions for my transmission the standard 4L60E kit and the Stick Shift Kit

any idea which is better and whats the difference besides being able to shift manualy

you don't want the shift kit, that would turn it into a manual all the time, sort of a bummer for a steering wheel shift, now if you want to install a Hurst in the center floor, thats different. :)

Archived