2500 Hd Exhaust

This is the first 2500 HD I have every owned and would really like to put dual exhaust on it, but was wondering what the best exhaust for the money would be? BTW it has the 6.0L. I really like the way it sounds now, not extremly loud, but you can definately hear it.

I would like to pair this up with a cold air intake, but not sure if doing either of these will void any warranties?

:D

hello there l have a 2006 hd sierra, what you truck guys are missing is that when your catalytic converters plugup your exhaust is not working very well,l'm thinking of magnaflow catback system,l know there is some cutting of the pipes but they don't offer what l'm after,so look's like l'll be cutting some of pipe no problem.l know the sound will come out great!don't be scared to change out your catalytic converters too.l had a 97 chevy sliverado and change the cats with new flow-master big differance.sold the truck milage was high sorry to let go but l'm happy with my new beast.when add cold with exhaust you will notice a big differance in power!there is no need for power chips or programers you can achive stock power with exhaust and cold-air intakes.

:cool:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth my 02 came with full length duals and only cats to tone anything down. In a way that was good as I knew how to compare it to using a muffler. We put a Magnaflow dual in dual out 3". It splits off each side and has 4" stainless Magnaflow tips behind the rear wheels. The fit was very nice with lots of clearance all around.

Keep in mind I have the 8.1 and 6spd manual. On an idle it is fairly mellow, as soon as you accelarate it gets fairly mean sounding.

Most of the time when I shift it coughs or pops which I was hoping it would not do. At highway speeds it drones a bit. It is more than I wanted but as a bonus it puts the kids to sleeps very effectively. It has a wide open x chamber for both pipes to crossover.

One possible negative is depending on how the duals are run out the back will determine how or if your spare is going to fit under the truck after. Guess I need to make a bracket to hang mine on the front bumper. :thumbs:

Edited by Supersporter40

For what it's worth my 02 came with full length duals and only cats to tone anything down. In a way that was good as I knew how to compare it to using a muffler. We put a Magnaflow dual in dual out 3". It splits off each side and has 4" stainless Magnaflow tips behind the rear wheels. The fit was very nice with lots of clearance all around.

Keep in mind I have the 8.1 and 6spd manual. On an idle it is fairly mellow, as soon as you accelarate it gets fairly mean sounding.

Most of the time when I shift it coughs or pops which I was hoping it would not do. At highway speeds it drones a bit. It is more than I wanted but as a bonus it puts the kids to sleeps very effectively. It has a wide open x chamber for both pipes to crossover.

One possible negative is depending on how the duals are run out the back will determine how or if your spare is going to fit under the truck after. Guess I need to make a bracket to hang mine on the front bumper. :thumbs:

That's the other reason I am removing this dual system. One pipe hits the spare. It's not worth the noise and other problems to keep. I don't believe the stock system is any worse for performance.

This is the first 2500 HD I have every owned and would really like to put dual exhaust on it, but was wondering what the best exhaust for the money would be? BTW it has the 6.0L. I really like the way it sounds now, not extremly loud, but you can definately hear it.

I would like to pair this up with a cold air intake, but not sure if doing either of these will void any warranties?

:thumbs:

hello there l have a 2006 hd sierra, what you truck guys are missing is that when your catalytic converters plugup your exhaust is not working very well,l'm thinking of magnaflow catback system,l know there is some cutting of the pipes but they don't offer what l'm after,so look's like l'll be cutting some of pipe no problem.l know the sound will come out great!don't be scared to change out your catalytic converters too.l had a 97 chevy sliverado and change the cats with new flow-master big differance.sold the truck milage was high sorry to let go but l'm happy with my new beast.when add cold with exhaust you will notice a big differance in power!there is no need for power chips or programers you can achive stock power with exhaust and cold-air intakes.

HUH?

That's the other reason I am removing this dual system. One pipe hits the spare. It's not worth the noise and other problems to keep. I don't believe the stock system is any worse for performance.

No doubt, now I have to try and fit a slip tank, a quad and a spare tire in the back for the camping trips. Where's my lawn chair to go? :thumbs: Will have too sit in the truck....

• 4 years later...

Hey chevy fans i got a problem, I have a 2002 chevy 2500 hd 6.0 4x4 vin U. I got a magnaflow dual 3 in 3 out x body, my truck has no power when climbing, won't go into passing gear until it hits 40 to 45 miles an hour. The soung is great. i am wondering if the back pressure is to much or to little, the truck came with dual 3in. in 3in. out then into single 3.5 out. wtf is this was it for torque? I am lost for words for what has happened can any one help!!!!

Is there anyone out there that knows more than just sound I am 46 and love magnaflow nice clean rumbleno clacking or glasspack sound I need yo know if i screwed up by putting a universal x body muffler from magna it is dual 3 in dual 3 out

Been looking around and talkig to techs seems the vortec 6.0 loves back pressure I was advised to try a dual 3inch to single 3 inch y pipe to try and get a little more back pressure. I am wondering if i am barking up the wrong tree. Could i have my shift points changed instead or a combination of the two? I love magna flows sound and qualityany comments for this would be appreciated

• 7 years later...