Greatest Earnhardt memory?

Guest Friz

For me, I would have to say it's a tie with seeing him finally win the Daytona 500 and doing those donuts in the tri-oval or that amazing Talladega race last October, with him passing all those cars at the end to win.  But the 1987 "The Winston" was awesome too, with the "Pass in the grass."  Even though he really didn't "pass" Elliott.  It was still great.  

I'll continue to watch races, but it will be strange watching them without Dale being in it.  I really can't remember watching a Winston Cup race without him in it.  I knew that when he left the sport, I would pull for Little E, I just didn't expect it to be so soon.  I'll always be a Dale Earnhardt fan though.

My best memory Will be the '99 bristol night race last lap tap on Terry Labonte which wrecked him.

I'll confess I hated him when I was little. But that changed as I grew older and he became 2nd on my "Favorite list" next to Mark Martin. Martin will still be my man but I've grown to respect and like Earnhardt over the past 5 years.

Its really hard for me to decide.  I have seen him do so many things on the track that no one had ever done, and probably never will again.

It will be hard for me to forget the way he fought off the challanges in the last couple of laps in this years 500.  He had a car capable of winning, yet he sacraficied his chance so his "boys" could go on and win.  He sacraficied his very life for them two, thats hard to forget.  

Well if you will excuse me, I'm getting choked up again.  :(

Just wanted to let you guys know that I say this somewhat in jest and although I was never an Earnhardt fan, I always respected him immensely.

In 1986, during the Winston, he and Bill Elliot were neck and neck for the lead and Dale was beating on him HARD. I felt like Dale cost Elliot the win.

I hope that I don't catch too much #### for this...

Archived