Lemon '15 Yukon XL Denali

We have really had nothing but issues with this vehicle in the two years we've owned it, including trim pieces falling off, weather stripping issues, radar sensor falling off preventing cruise control from working, and causing crash avoidance to freak out. Rear hatch popping, infotainment failures, automatic running boards that have a mind of their own, failed brakes that needed replacing at 40k miles, tires that were done at 30k, and transmission issues two states over that required a transmission drop.  We also are plagued by the vibration/noise at low speed in high gear in v4 mode.  This does not seem like a top-of-the-line GM product.

This summer, our AC quit blowing cold.  I traced it back to the seam on the  driver's side of the condenser.  I found this was a common problem, and that GM was back ordered on the same defective part number,  and since we were just outside of our 36,000 mile warranty, I had a local shop install an aftermarket unit.  Last week, we get a letter saying they've got a recall on this, and included was a reimbursement form.  Well, after contacting them, they said since we didn't reinstall a (defective) GM part number, or at a dealership, I'd be out my $700.  We also mentioned our left tail light is intermittent which is an $800 fix, as well as our second row DVD player not working.  GM customer care insisted we bring our vehicle in to the nearest dealership, to get this documented, to see if any of these repairs could be done outside of our warranty period since we have 50k miles.  I told the service writer about these issues, and that this thing rides worse than my lifted Duramax.  At the end of the day, I was quoted just under $800 for the tail light, just under $700 for the second row DVD player, and $1700 for two rear shocks since the driver's side rear is seized up and was out another $119 to have them tell me, "Yep, the tail light assembly is $x, the DVD player is defective and needs replacing for $x, and we pushed down on the back bumper and the left side is harder to push down than the right, and the price to replace both is $x."

This vehicle was $84,000 new, is a couple years old, and is falling apart, and now I am expected to pay an additional $3200 to fix these ridiculous issues?  

Archived