2006 Colorado Crew

So a friend of mine is looking at a 2006 Colorado Crew Cab 4wd 4cyl. It has 17k on it, and thats about all I know. He wants to know anything about this model truck or what he should look for on it. Anyone have one like this out there? Whats the mpg like? does the 4cyl have enough power as a light duty truck? I will say I know nothing about the Colorados, so any help is great! Thanks

I had an 05 4x4 for several years but with the 5 cyl. If I drove 60 i could get 21-22 mpg. I always wished it had a little more power because at 75 on the interstate any time it had any little hill at all it would have to shift down. i dont know what he intends to do with the truck but dont ever plan on towing any thing at interstate speeds. Overall I liked the truck but I have always had midsized trucks.

Tell him to check out coloradofans.com or 355nation.net for lots of info.

• 3 weeks later...

I would definitely have to drive that before I would make any commitment on it. I don't know if a 4cyl would work out very well in a Crew Cab let alone 4wd. My work truck is an 07 2WD 4cyl auto RCSB, granted it does have a little extra weight with the contractor bed and cap, but it's pretty gutless. It seems like it never wants to stay in OD.

I would definitely have to drive that before I would make any commitment on it. I don't know if a 4cyl would work out very well in a Crew Cab let alone 4wd. My work truck is an 07 2WD 4cyl auto RCSB, granted it does have a little extra weight with the contractor bed and cap, but it's pretty gutless. It seems like it never wants to stay in OD.

yes sir, its quite a terd...even wth 3.73s these trucks have to work overtime to stay up to speed on the highway...i hear good things about the 5 banger though, but in the end the s-10s were a better truck

yes sir, its quite a terd...even wth 3.73s these trucks have to work overtime to stay up to speed on the highway...i hear good things about the 5 banger though, but in the end the s-10s were a better truck

x2... imo the s10's were waaay better.. the non work truck crew cab colorados are not bad looking though

Archived