Xfe Done!

I have been looking at getting a 2010 GMC Sierra or Yukon XFE. I could not find one optioned as I wanted so I was going to order. Went to do the build at the dealer and the XFE option had been pulled from their system. So they called their GM Rep and he told them the XFE was No More. I guess they were not getting the volume to make up for the costs of the "upgrades" to the XFE Pkg. Oh well.

No offense but I thought the XFE was a ridiculous package anyway. The changes they made really didn't improve fuel mileage that much to begin with.

Extra aluminum in the suspension and shaved roof rack aside, there were really no worthwhile differences from a base model (Tahoe/Yukon) at least, anyway. Standard setup is the same 5.3L/6-spd with the 3.08 rear end, just like the XFE's had, so in the end it's the same just without being a special package to do it. It was sort of model overlap, when you get down to it.

By theory, my new Avalanche is about what would be an XFE...optioned up & extra weight aside...2wd, 5.3L, 6-spd and the high 3.08 rear end, no extra tow package. And in the Chevy case, even the same 18" wheels they used for XFE Tahoe models.

So, just get a 2wd Sierra or Yukon with the standard 3.08 rear and 5.3L and you'll have the same thing, same mileage, and so forth.

Archived