just got a 1985 K5 Blazer it has a 305 and is a auto the motor is not the orig. motor at least thats what i was told anyhow it will start but won't stay running unless you keep your foot on the gas i did idle it up which now it will some of the time stay running by it's self but after a few mins it will just die out like its not get gas or ? the other thing is when it does stay running and you go to put it in gear it will die out also and if it doesn't die when it goes in gear its very hard it looks like the tires are about ready to spin i checked the ujoints and they seem all good the idle ( if im turning the right screw) isn't turned up that much so its not like at a fast idle , the truck has sat for a year or so and am sure the gas isn't the best i did check , cleaned and gapped the plugs and changed one of the vac. lines but there is a tube comeing out of the front of the carb that kind of splits into a y and i know that is sucking air any clue as to what hooks up to them and where they go ? also anybody have any clues as to what is going on with this blazer ! any and all help would be great also is there any place that has pics. of the carb ( rochester 4bbl i believe) and of the vac. lines . Thanks again!

Obviously start with fresh gas. Check your fuel filter and fuel pump pressure. Find a service manual that contains the vacuum hose routing. Your loose vac. line may go to the PCV valve. You might want to consider rebuilding the carb at this time

just got a 1985 K5 Blazer it has a 305 and is a auto the motor is not the orig. motor at least thats what i was told anyhow it will start but won't stay running unless you keep your foot on the gas i did idle it up which now it will some of the time stay running by it's self but after a few mins it will just die out like its not get gas or ? the other thing is when it does stay running and you go to put it in gear it will die out also and if it doesn't die when it goes in gear its very hard it looks like the tires are about ready to spin i checked the ujoints and they seem all good the idle ( if im turning the right screw) isn't turned up that much so its not like at a fast idle , the truck has sat for a year or so and am sure the gas isn't the best i did check , cleaned and gapped the plugs and changed one of the vac. lines but there is a tube comeing out of the front of the carb that kind of splits into a y and i know that is sucking air any clue as to what hooks up to them and where they go ? also anybody have any clues as to what is going on with this blazer ! any and all help would be great also is there any place that has pics. of the carb ( rochester 4bbl i believe) and of the vac. lines . Thanks again!

for your engine to run correctly you can not have any vaccum leaks plug all leaks with a cap also replace any hoses that look cracked

Archived