I'm just curious if any of you have ordered a grille cover for a 2011 Silverado 2500HD?

I asked @ my dealer last week & they have a PN, but the computer says it's not available to order. You would think w/ winter approaching (a couple of inches of snow in the Huronia region of Ontario) people would be prepping their trucks.

When I ordered the "hood cover" for my '04 K2500HD, it was available separate from the bumper cover.

Would I be correct in saying that the only difference between the '10 & '11 parts is that the '11 bumper is new wheras the '11 hood/grille combo is carry over?

Yes.

Not sure if I need the bumper cover, but the GMT900 front bumper does have a lot bigger opening than the GMT800. I imagine in the winter a lot of snow & slush could collect in there, especially if there is a plastic panel underneath (between the bumper & rad' support).

I forgot to mention, that initially I had a Lund Cold Front on my '04, but it was a major PITA installing & removing. They had changed the attachment method from the 1 I used w/ my 2000 GMC K2500.

The vinyl type is much easier to put on & remove.

I checked the Lund website & they've dropped their line of Cold Fronts. Just the "decorative" grille covers available.

Archived