Change Backup Camera Display From Mirror To Navigation Radio

Check this thread out, it had all the info I needed to get this done on my 12 Silverado. Now this is for if you already have the display in the mirror, and want it displayed on the navi unit as well. I am not sure if it is located there with the factory installed nav unit or goes straight to the nav unit itself.

http://www.gm-trucks...howtopic=138758

Thank you, yes I have the mirror. (2012 Avalanche) I ended up tapping into the white wire on the mirror. I removed the overhead unit (with the maps lights) and found the same white mirror. I spliced into it and ran the wire down to the HU. Seems to be working fine. Thanks for the help

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bump a old thread like this. I have a 13 suburban and just installed Navigation OEM hard drive radio unit. I want to get the navigation to have rear view camera on it. I have rear view camera in my mirror. What do I need to do to get camera to Navigation from mirror? Again sorry to bump old thread.

Edited by burbin

• 4 weeks later...

We have plug and play connectors that will do this for you without having to splice anything on your late 2009 to 2013 GM truck. You can either split the signal between your mirror and navigation radio or simply move it so it only displays on the radio, both are different part numbers.

Here's the breakdown:

Move the signal is part number CS-GMMBH-CONV. If you have a power sliding rear window get the one with -p on the end of the part number.

Split the signal is part number CS-GMMBH-SPLT. Same thing about the power slider applies since it's a different harness get the -p version.

https://camera-source.com/products/accessories/wiring-kits?utm_source=GMTRUCKS&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=convert-from-mirror-to-nav

This harness is only currently available for trucks, not SUV's. Essentially this pigtail bridges the factory connectors with an RCA input so that you can easily connect an RCA into the factory mirror harness to grab the video feed. You then take an RCA cable and connect one end to this pigtail harness and the other end to your navigation unit backup camera input.

Thanks and don't hesitate to give us a call if you have questions!

Regards,

camera-source.com

888-844-9763

• 11 months later...

Did you have any luck? I have a 2009 Sierra Denali with factory Nav & backup camera and i want to add a rear view mirror which shows the camera feed all the time, and still keep the camera turning on on the Nav unit when in reverse. Let me know if you had any luck...

Edited by holen1

Check this thread out, it had all the info I needed to get this done on my 12 Silverado. Now this is for if you already have the display in the mirror, and want it displayed on the navi unit as well. I am not sure if it is located there with the factory installed nav unit or goes straight to the nav unit itself.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138758

I did this to my 2013 Yukon Denali and I believe the 2012, 2013, and 2014 are the same. This gives me a display in the navigation screen and rear view mirror when it is reverse. To get a constant picture in the mirror you would need a switched 12v connection to the mirror via number 9 pin position on the mirror plug. You would also need to have the camera connected to a switched hot wire all the time.

Run 2 wires from the plug on the back of the navigation head (easy to remove) attach a T tap to the blue wire and a T tap the white wire on the back of the nav unit that reside in the gray connector on the back of the navigation unit, one below the other in the connector plug, it, (the plug in connector could be brown) .

Remove the home link - map light panel, just above the rear view mirror on the head liner by popping out the plastic lens and then remove 2 screws, pull the panel out, remove it. Then pull the mirror plug wiring harness back from the windshield and then down through the hole where the plastic panel was removed from the headliner which contains the home link and map lights. Separate the wires in the mirror harness and tap just the blue and white wires then plug in the wires from the navigation head. Remove the right passenger A pillar, 2 bolts under the caps on the passenger assist grab bar.Just run the 2 wires from the taps (blue and white) on the navigation head under the dash and then up the passenger A pillar. Then hide them in the headliner en-route to the blue and white wires respectively on the mirror plug. If terminal 9 on the mirror plug becomes activated with 12V or more when the shifter is placed in reverse then you will have the camera video image displayed in the mirror LCD and the navigation screen when all is connected. Video quality is not diminished by the dual connection. That should do it.

Find other instructions for removing the bezel for the GMC factory nav. They are available at https://www. coastaletech.com/ under the GM2 installation instructions

Edited by holen1

• 3 years later...

I have my mirror camara with a bridge switch between 2 wires at the mirror harness i can have it on for maybe 10 min after it shuts off and mirror light blinks. It was a piece of cake with the diagram in hand. The issue im having problems with is tapping into those video wires , my head unit only has rca video input should i splice in an rca video wire and use white as main feed??

• 10 months later...

Revisiting an old threat, because I have been racking my brain looking through the web!  So need assistance. I have a 2013 Chevy Avalanche and replaced the factory Head Unit with an OEM NAV HU. I see different websites that have plug & play wiring harnesses to reroute the original rear view mirror backup camera image to be viewed on both mirror and NAV HU but they are either for a truck or SUV. 
Which is needed for the actual Avalanche?

I can not find anywhere that has an image to the exact location where the wiring harness would plug in on the Avalanche?

Any help is appreciated