Does Front Spoiler Make A Difference On Gas Mileage?

I'm sure it does, but you have to decide if you like the looks of it off enough to overcome the fear of losing 1-2MPG at the most IMO (assuming the part of the spoiler you are talking about is similar to the lip on GMT800 trucks). I removed the 1" lip from my 2wd 06 because of how low the stance was. I'm sure it has cost me a few dollars in the long run, but not enough for me to put it back on yet.

I ripped mine off driving onto a small incline to park at our local lake. Tore the plastic valance where the outer bolts go thru. I ****canned it. These trucks are soo low in the front with it, it's scary. I'm sure it does help but I would venture to say only at 55+ highway speed. I've not noticed any difference with it off since August and I keep track of my mileage at every fill up.

Was thinking of removing it but was under the impression that it deflects air to the side and reduces underbody drag?

I would imagine that is does make a difference, but that difference is only noticable in the CAFE ratings. If they can get half a mile to the gallon better it makes a huge difference in the CAFE number given the number trucks sold. You will not see it on your one truck though. GM will not put something on that does absolutely nothing. No manufacturer would.

Archived