In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hey guys.  I'm in a quandry of sorts.  I have a lot of decent audio equipment that I pulled out of the F150 I traded in but I can't decide what I want to do with it.

For starters, the sound in my truck is pathetic.  After having a quality sound system, I don't know how GM could put such a thing in a vehicle with the "Denali" nameplate.

Here is a list of the things that I have:

Pioneer Premier P930 (If you can't adjust it with

this HU, it can't be adjusted)

Pioneer XM control unit and TERK antenna

MTX500d amp (verified 696wRMS x 1 @ 14.4V)

Eclipse33240 amp 130wRMS x 2

Diamond Audio Speakers

Pair S600s HEX 6 1/2" Mid & 1" Tweet Components

Pair M5 12" Subs

I really like the way the factory system looks.  And what I would like to do is add the HU from a 2003 with XM controls.  But I don't know all of the pieces that would be involved and I can't find anyone that has any idea if the conversion is possible now.

Also, I'm sure the 12's are too big for any underseat application without modification.  I had a 2" lift on the rear seat of my F150 to accomodate the airspace of the woofers.  Although their minimum space is .67ft^3 per speaker.

My overall best case scenario would be to sell the Pioneer HU and XM control and the two 12's.  Then acquire the 2003 HU and GM XM control and hopefully use my TERK antenna, add my amps and components to the front doors and then set up some bass under the rear seats. (I bet I'll need to add an active x-over as well since the stock HU is not very customizable)

I'd appreciate any info/opinions from you guys!  :thumb:

-2002 Sierra Denali

You can get twelves under the rear seat.  The limiting factor is mounting depth.  I have one on the drivers side.  Just depends on the box you build.  There are some nice installs on sounddomain you could look at to get ideas.

Archived