Canadian Shipping

leeroynakd

Spoke to the powers that be and they said it was okay to post this. Companies in the U.S. sometimes offer free shipping to the "lower 48 only". I live in southern Ontario, which is "lower" than some states!!LOL. I found this company in Niagara Falls New York called CBIUSA. They let you use their address in New York for a small fee, then you go pick up your stuff and bring it home. I am not affiliated with them in any way but have had really good luck with them over the years. Recently checked out an ebay item for my bike in Santa Ana California. The price of the item was $149.00 + $96.00 shipping to my house via USPS. The same item shipped to CBI was $20.00!!! I'm about 45 minutes to Buffalo, so maybe $25.00 gas+ $6.00 for pkg. Still have to pay tax but still further ahead. Plus get to fill up on gas and chicken wings!! Check out the web site. Lee

For Alberta, there's a company in At The Border Storage in Sweet Grass Montana that has reasonable rates. You ship to their address and starting at $5 per parcel, they'll hold it for 90 days.

http://www.attheborderstorage.com/Sweetgra...el_Storage.html

For British Columbia, there's a company just across the border that does the same thing.

SHIP HAPPENS in Sumas, WA (5 min south of Abbotsford, BC) holds your parcels for 90 days, and charges $5 for a pickup. Even with the US shipping costs , plus the $5, its still usually less than shipping to Canada. (Plus GMpartsdirect only ships to US addresses ;) )

Plus as mentioned above, I get gas for at least 30 cents a liter cheaper!

http://myshiphappens.com/index.html

How do you get around credit cards not allowing stuff to be shipped to an address that is not the same as the billing address?

I've never had a problem, but you could also inform your cc company what you are going to do ahead of time. Lee

• 3 years later...

Really old post but since it is pinned I figured it's a good place to store information, so I figured I'll share some sites I found with free shipping/ship from Canada. Amazon.ca usually has free shipping in Canada, lowriders.ca, tdotperformance.ca (free shipping) and customtruckpartsinc.com (have not ordered from them but they do seem to have shipping options)

Archived