e85 on a 93 octane tune?

ive got a trifecta tune in my truck, it runs great on 93 octane, i started to run some e85 in it as i found a station close to the boarder. im not sure how i feel about it. almost feels like ive lost a bit of power with the e85. if the truck is tuned to run best on 93, what are the chances the e85 is causing it to run worse? also the truck seems to just drink this stuff, i knew id get less range out of the tank but it seems to be going through it quite fast.

E85 is notorious for getting about 25% less mileage but some have actually noticed more power. I can't use it in mine so no personal experience .

im noticing its getting about 10-15 miles less per 1/4 tank. im gonna fill her up again this week and then on that tank figure out my gas mileage. the price of it is nice, 3.17 a gallon, 93 octane is 3.87 so thats a nice savings right there. right now high test in canada works out to be just a little over 5 bucks a gallon so getting the e85 for 3.17 is a welcome change

ill know more after this tank is done, i know even switch from 87 to 91 octane took a tank or so before i felt its full effects and right now i still have some 93 floating around in the tank. the tune with the 93 is fantastic, id imagine once im on straight e85 itll be even better. the tuner said the tune is optimized for it so im looking forward to seeing the difference

did a bunch of driving today. from the looks of things, based on the range ive driven and how little fuel i have left, im looking at getting about 100 miles less to a tank of e85 than a tank of 93 octane. yeah, the hell with that im going back to premium. i use the truck for work and drive a lot that extra hundred miles or more i can drive is a big difference and not worth the slight discount in price. i think it works out to be something like 18 bucks on a tank more for premium assuming i go till the light comes on, which i never do.

so i did a couple pulls yesterday with the e85 fully worked into the system, and the truck seems to pull a good bit better even at half throttle than it did on just 93 octane. the power is nice but i cant deal with the fuel consumption and i dont think the cost of the e85 is worth the 100+ less miles i get to a tank

Archived