Question on 5.3 and improving performance

You will hear about this alot but these new trucks are built with high flow cats nowadays. Same goes with the manifolds. But maybe it will increase sound a very tiny bit ? If you want performance possibly some long tube headers with custom exhaust and a tune will def benefit you more, also if your into it a cai but from what I hear these new trucks get plenty air so its up to you.

I cant see you gaining anything more then 2-3hp if that,you wont be able to feel that.Like the above post says it probably will be a bit louder,I also agree on longtubes and a good tune,drop in k&n filter too.

Long tube headers and a custom tune should take care of the fords 5.0 :dunno:

What gears do you have now? If you have the 3.08's, a gear swap to 3.73's would most likely take care of that too by its self and not kill your mpg. But... both will need a tune.

Yea especially with the warranty and tune,LTs will get you atleast 30+ hp.IMO its all about torque.

Yeah what's the torque difference? More HP is always nice but, in my trucks, I'll take torque over hp. Being that they are gas, I'm guessing the 5.0 is ahead there too. What rpm are the torque and hp numbers at? That matters too. I don't rev to the redline.

Ford used to focus on a low end torque number, but since everyone else is all about the number being high for advertising purposes, I am not sure its not up there in he higher RPM like GM is.

If it was all about HP numbers, then my sisters '11 Hemi Ram would kick like a mule. I drive it like it was stolen, and wasnt impressed. My wife's Tahoe has several hundred lbs on her Ram, and the Tahoe feels like it would blow the Ram out of the water. We never lined em up, but Im pretty sure Ide smoke her.

Yea especially with the warranty and tune,LTs will get you atleast 30+ hp.IMO its all about torque.
Yeah what's the torque difference? More HP is always nice but, in my trucks, I'll take torque over hp. Being that they are gas, I'm guessing the 5.0 is ahead there too. What rpm are the torque and hp numbers at? That matters too. I don't rev to the redline. Would be interesting to see the torque difference in the towing rpm range of the 5.0 Ford vs. our 5.3. I think towing a car trailer for example around 60 mph, 2000+/- rpm, the 5.3 would produce more torque in this part throttle range than the Ford. Or an example, pulling on a grade with only 1/4+/- throttle.

Archived