e85 mpg drop

The same. All government subsidies were eliminated in 2011. No subsidies for ethanol producers and there hasn't been a corn price support subsidy paid this century. And current corn prices are the same as they were during the Clinton administration. Check the current commodities pricing on the trading boards. One might argue that some areas of the country forcing owner to buy it is a subsidy, but that can be said about hundreds of things in our lives. There is no direct payments (what a real subsidy is) of taxpayer money going to ethanol producers. there are tax write-offs, but every business has them. I get to write off $59 a day just for food and such on the road in my semi truck, even though I bring everything from home in the refrigerator in my semi truck sleeper and heat it up. Other folks get to write off child care expenses and other stuff. Write offs are not subsidies.

Versus the subsidies for oil.. like the thousand dead in gulf wars to keep the spigots open along with the hundreds of billion of dollars spent in those little adventures. Oil is a global commodity and even with our production here in the U.S. and Canada, the price is dependent on worldwide demand. Gas could easily be over $6 a gallon if we factored in all that has been spent to keep things going. I know of no military person that has died over ethanol. But we all know of the thousands who have died to keep oil flowing.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived