towing a tt and carrying a canoe

Anybody have a TT and take the canoe/kayak camping with them? I have a 2010 CC with the 5' 8" bed and im trying to find what the easiest/cheapest/safest way to carry a canoe while towing. I was thinking of getting a headache rack, but not really sure what to put on the back to hold it up. If i had a cap it would be easier but i really don't want a cap, any ideas with or without pics would be great.

Thanks, Dave

You can add a 110 outlet in your bed for the cost of an inverter and a handyman box.

A load floor in the backseat? Am I the only one that uses the BED for that? That's what you get a truck for in the first place. :lol:

Normally yes but there are times when you carry stuff that needs to be dry/secure or kept at a normal temperature and no tonneau can truly do that.

i carry alot of stuff in the cab of my cc, with the seat folded up!ladder rack.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Did you mean to post that here? No disrespect, just curious...

You can add a 110 outlet in your bed for the cost of an inverter and a handyman box.

A load floor in the backseat? Am I the only one that uses the BED for that? That's what you get a truck for in the first place. :lol:

Normally yes but there are times when you carry stuff that needs to be dry/secure or kept at a normal temperature and no tonneau can truly do that.

i carry alot of stuff in the cab of my cc, with the seat folded up!ladder rack.

Did you mean to post that here? No disrespect, just curious...

yes and no! I fixwd it, dang tapatalk!

Just go grab some 2x4's man! This what i did a couple years ago.. I also pulled a pop-up camper with this set up. I just take the 2x4's off the side and bottom and store next to my garage.

This past may my brother and I shortened this to fit into a CC with no issues. The canoes sit up there just fine. If you only need to carry one, just lay it flat and make the top of the rack shorter.. The front of the canoe will clear your cab no problem.

regatta.jpg

Just go grab some 2x4's man! This what i did a couple years ago.. I also pulled a pop-up camper with this set up. I just take the 2x4's off the side and bottom and store next to my garage.

This past may my brother and I shortened this to fit into a CC with no issues. The canoes sit up there just fine. If you only need to carry one, just lay it flat and make the top of the rack shorter.. The front of the canoe will clear your cab no problem.

regatta.jpg

Show off... :D

regatta.jpg

I will be making one of these... good idea.

Thanks for the replies, i don't want the ladder rack, i don't want my truck to look like a contractor truck(no offense to any contractors). I do like the yakima rack system.

Archived