Only thing I have noticed so far is that Pandora does not automatically link itself to the radio when plugged in. It will play but you have to start it from the phone instead of pushing the button on the radio. Also once it is started it does not want to let you shut Pandora down and play just the iPod. Hope there will be an update to fix. I may go back to old iOS for now.

Only thing I have noticed so far is that Pandora does not automatically link itself to the radio when plugged in. It will play but you have to start it from the phone instead of pushing the button on the radio. Also once it is started it does not want to let you shut Pandora down and play just the iPod. Hope there will be an update to fix. I may go back to old iOS for now.

My two cents on the new iPhone 5 and iOS 6: if this stuff follows past history, it won't be worth upgrading either the phone or the OS for a few months if you expect either to work in the car as they do now.

SInce Apple thinks they own the world (well, I guess they kinda do...), they don't release this stuff to everyone and let them get geared up for it - they just release it and let everyone scramble to catch up. Unfortunatley, this puts almost all the aftermarket manufacturers at a disadvantage, since the don't have a chance to get used to the new device & OS and start making hardware and software to support them.

During the upgrade to iOS4, life was MISERABLE for 3-4 months because the OS was buggy when released and blew up almost all the aftermarket units that supported the iPhone. So manufacturers started producing software to make 4.0 work with their head units. Then Apple released the 4.1 update and blew up just as many units as 4.0 did! It took MONTHS to get manufacturers to release updates that worked with the final iOS4.1.

So, if it were me, I would be cautious about upgrading to the iPhone 5 & iOS 6.0 if there are any favorite functions you like to use your phone in the car for - there's no guarantee they will work the same way any more...

Archived