Transmission Problem

I don't know if this should be in the drivetrain forum but since it is a trouble shooting problem, I am going to give it a whirl here. When I take off from a stop or close to it (like taking a sharp corner) and accelerate slowly the shift from first to second feels like crap and there is a noticeable noise. I cannot even being to describe it, its like a screech but lower octave. If I accelerate moderately or hammer on the gas, it feels fine. A good solid shift. My drivetrain warranty is up in January and of course, the 2 dealers I have taken it to cannot replicate the problem. The tranny fluid is nice and red and doesn't smell burnt. Do I have a problem? or is this just something the torque management does?

There was a transmission reprogram upgrade for the stock program,back in 2008.

Check with the dealer on the reprogramming. It will make stiffet gear changes,etc

I wrote about this a few years ago in here

Scooby

I was going to say give it a filter and fluid change..drive 200-300 miles and do it again to make sure you got all of the old out..I would reccomend dex-6 VS the dex-3 and add the lucas tranny additive 'good stuff' Hopefully theres nothing in the pan..

I don't know if this should be in the drivetrain forum but since it is a trouble shooting problem, I am going to give it a whirl here. When I take off from a stop or close to it (like taking a sharp corner) and accelerate slowly the shift from first to second feels like crap and there is a noticeable noise. I cannot even being to describe it, its like a screech but lower octave. If I accelerate moderately or hammer on the gas, it feels fine. A good solid shift. My drivetrain warranty is up in January and of course, the 2 dealers I have taken it to cannot replicate the problem. The tranny fluid is nice and red and doesn't smell burnt. Do I have a problem? or is this just something the torque management does?

I would be happy to look into this for you. Please contact me privately with more details including the last eight of your VIN, dealer name, and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived