Kivic One - Anyone hear if it?

I currently have an Advent OGM1 and love the thing - I've installed the WDTV setup in my truck but what I really want is an Apple TV in the car so I can AirPlay from both my phone and iPad however this is more complicated as you also have to install a wireless router as well...

Which brings me to my latest google search the Kivic One. An all in one wireless router and video airplay device with a dc plug and has both composite and hdmi out . Catch is they currently only sell to distributors (Walt maybe you can be ours??) at the moment.

I know this is only for a select market as I'm only aware of it working with iPhone but an interesting product nonetheless.

So if anyone knows where to buy one let me know. caugh*Walt*caugh

Video of it in action:

I currently have an Advent OGM1 and love the thing - I've installed the WDTV setup in my truck but what I really want is an Apple TV in the car so I can AirPlay from both my phone and iPad however this is more complicated as you also have to install a wireless router as well...

Which brings me to my latest google search the Kivic One. An all in one wireless router and video airplay device with a dc plug and has both composite and hdmi out . Catch is they currently only sell to distributors (Walt maybe you can be ours??) at the moment.

I know this is only for a select market as I'm only aware of it working with iPhone but an interesting product nonetheless.

So if anyone knows where to buy one let me know. caugh*Walt*caugh

Video of it in action:

I have the exact same setup as you - OGM1, WDTV, and iPhone. I would also LOVE to be able to AirPlay to my OGM1. I was looking at going the complicated route with a 12v-120v inverter, then running the AppleTV and Wireless router, but it's more complicated than it's worth (and takes up a lot of space, has a long startup time, etc..)

I'll be very interested to see where the Kivic product goes. Definitely subscribing to this thread.

Angry Russell

I will definitely follow up on this - looks intriguing!

I'll be at SEMA through Thursday this week, so I don't know if I'll get it done this week, but I'll try.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So has anyone tried the Kivic One yet, I see ADC Mobil sells the Crux WVI, I'm wondering how the Crux compares, and does the Crux has the YUV (component Video out) connector.

A complete solution with VIM capability:

http://cruxinterfacing.com/products/WVIGM-04/index.html

Or for Newer vehicles-

http://cruxinterfacing.com/products/WVIGM-04M/index.html

Archived