2014 Silverado slow to start

I have 5,000 miles on my Silverado LT and ever since I got the truck it seems like it takes a long time to turn over. The problem has only gotten worse in the cold weather. It has always started, but I would expect a brand new truck to fire up right away. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Yes, it is slow to turn over. I thought about the battery to then dismissed it because it is a brand new truck. I will be taking it in for its first service shortly and have them test it.

Thank you.

Do you have the little crappy factory battery? What a cheap out move, they put them even in the plow trucks, JUNK>!

If you plan on being out in the boonies or in remote areas at all hours of the night. Just forget the GM Winnie batt and go buy a good large cap battery and be headache free.

I was going to put a good set of duals in my 2014 but am holding off. The truck has so many problems I don't want to throw the money away if I have to dump it.

• 6 years later...