2004 Sierra, cranks, no start

Whats the easiest way to check fuel pump pressure and flow? The truck has 166,000 miles and most likely the pump is stock and so is the fuel filter. I find it weird tho for the truck to start for like 30 seconds after the sitting for 20 mins after I added the sea foam.

So should I try pulling the pump relay and see what happens? Like switch it with another?

No. If the fuel pump is running, the relay is doing its job. You need to check the fuel pressure by attaching a guage to the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. Both key on, engine off and key on, engine running.

Yup. If the pump runs and kicks off it builds sufficent pressure to start the truck. How ever it may not be able to keep up with the demand of the running engine. If you find out there is too low of pressure you know it's somewhere between the fuel pump and the motor.

i just had a problem like this a week agao. i was driving and the truck shut down. it ended up being the fuel pump control module was corroded. the dealership said they have seen it before. it is mounted somewhere above the spare tire. It wouldnt hurt to take a look at it and check the condition.

Archived