2001 Silverado HVAC Issues

deanemf

Question

Hello,

First, I know this has been asked many times before, I have done a search and could not find my exact issue on the forum.

I have a 2001 Silverado and when I bought it, the heat and ac worked fine independently, but once the heat was on, it would get stuck on and not go back to AC. This would only be fixed by turning off the car for a short period which “reset” something that was stuck and the AC would work.

In order to fix this I purchased a new blend door actuator which gave me the same result. Now, several months after changing the actuator the truck is stuck on heat completely and will never go to AC. What could be the issue? I have tried removing the battery to re-calibrate the hvac but that did not help. I did admittedly run the new actuator while not connected to the door but only for a quick second to verify it worked.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-Matt

6 answers to this question

There was an issue with the connections on the passenger junction block. Its located behind the panel at the end of the dash when you open the door.I would try unplugging all the connectors and then putting them back. I am not sure if this applies to you yr model but its worth a try. Probably gonna take a tech 2 or some other higher end scanner to get HVAC codes.

Thanks for the info everyone.

I ended up taking the truck to my mechanic and paying for the repair. Turns out when I had replaced the actuator I put in the wrong part number actuator. My mechanic replaced it with the correct actuator and the trucks HVAC works great now!

Thanks again for the info

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

It can't read HVAC codes if there are any present. What Rob is looking for are codes indicating the HVAC controller is having issues itself or codes indicating other problems

Also you shouldn't have operated the motor while it was out

Archived