Is the Intellilink/Infotainment more of a hassle than it's worth?

They seem like they're getting far to in-depth with the digitizing of these trucks. Don't get me wrong, I love the trucks and some of the options are pretty awesome, but they still seem to be a bit of a hassle.

Some things that bug me:

Out side temp- It's no longer always displayed on the dash, you have to go through the menu and select weather, wait for it to load, and then click on current or "Hourly".

DEF Gauge- Every other gauge on there gives you a level or percentage, like fuel filter and oil life. But the DEF just says "OK"

Radio Favorites- This is my biggest gripe. In my old silverado you could quickly and easily scroll through the favorites with the steering wheel controls, and the pages changed as you scrolled through. Now, It's a 2 to 3 step process just to change the station, every time! The favorites list has to be manually "swiped" to see them, and half the time you end up changing to different stations while trying to swipe to another screen. Changing the radio station feels just as dangerous as texting while driving!

Speaking of distracted driving, the knuckles heads programmed a 5 line warning in the Nav screen that pops up and warns you not to drive distracted… 5 lines! Of which they want you to read, while driving, and then select the "OK" button to acknowledge that you read it…. While driving. :wtf:

Archived